|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Nowness (stylized NOWNESS) is a digital video channel that was launched in 2010 by its founder Jefferson Hack as a brand of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE. In May 2017, Modern Dazed, a new joint venture between China's leading luxury publisher Modern Media and the UK's Dazed Media, acquired a majority stake in Nowness.
Every week, the Nowness website presents three inspiring films about art, design, music, fashion, beauty, food, travel and culture, working with both emerging and established filmmakers. Nowness has featured films with some of the most influential names and brands in fashion, music, film and art including Chloë Sevigny, Florence Welch, Carine Roitfeld, Bella Hadid, David Lynch, David Hockney, Gucci and Versace.
Nowness launched in 2010. Its founder and chief creative executive is Jefferson Hack. Nowness launched a Chinese-language site in 2012 and since 2013 videos are available in up to ten languages including English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian. Thomas Shao, the Chairman & Founder of Modern Media is the Chairman of Nowness; Adrian Cheng, the Founder of K11 - the revolutionary museum-retail lifestyle concept, is the Vice Chairman and Creative Advisor of Nowness; Jefferson Hack, the CEO and Co-Founder of Dazed Media is the CEO of Nowness.
- 2010 CLIO Award for Best Interactive Website
- 2011 Webby Award: Best Fashion Website
- 2011 WWD Japan Fashion Web Grand Prix Award
- 2013 Lovie Award: Best Interactive Video (Ballroom Battle)
- 2013 Lovie Award for Best Lifestyle Website
- 2014 Berlin Fashion Film Festival: Best Visual Effects (for shoppable fashion short, Mine All Mine)
- 2014 Webby Award: Best Cultural Website
- 2017 Webby Award: Best Cultural Website
- "LVMH Launches Nowness.com..." Corcoran, Kate T. WWD (February 24, 2010)
- "LVMH and NOWNESS.com Offer the Luxury Education Kanye University Lacks" Schomer, Stephanie. Fast Company (February 24, 2010)
- "LVMH's Nowness.com Takes the High Road, Promoting Culture Above Commerce" Dishman, Laura. CBS's BNET (February 25, 2010)
- "LVMH/Louis Vuitton Is Redefining Luxury Marketing with NOWNESS.com" Groth, Aimee. Business Insider (August 2, 2011)
- Official website
- "Digital Scorecard: NOWNESS" BoF Team, Business of Fashion (February 24, 2010)
- "Marketing to the Millennials" Menkes, Suzy. The New York Times (March 2, 2010)
- "7 Stellar Examples of Branded Content from the Fashion Industry" Wright Lee, Macala. Mashable (January 3, 2011)
- "The 30 Most Underrated Innovations of 2010" Wong, Danny. The Huffington Post (January 18, 2011)
- "Social Media Breeds Edvertorial" Strugatz, Rachel. WWD (January 20, 2011)
- "Fashion's Power 25: The people and platforms that truly matter in the world of style" Bazilian, Emma. Adweek (September 12, 2011)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nowness.|