Nadezhda Evstyukhina in 2013
|Full name||Nadezhda Alexandrovna Evstyukhina|
27 May 1988 |
Balashikha, Moscow Oblast, Soviet Union
|Height||1.64 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
|Coached by||Natalia Shiryaeva|
Evstyukhina participated in the women's -75 kg class at the 2006 World Weightlifting Championships and won the silver medal, finishing behind Cao Lei. She snatched 122 kg and clean and jerked an additional 145 kg for a total of 267 kg, 1 kg behind winner Cao.
She also initially was awarded the bronze medal in the 75 kg category at the 2008 Summer Olympics, with a total of 264 kg. She competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics, but failed to snatch the initial weight.
On 31 August 2016, the International Olympic Committee confirmed that Evstyukhina had been disqualified from the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. Reanalysis of Evstyukhina's samples from Beijing 2008 resulted in a positive test for the prohibited substances dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (turinabol) and EPO. As a result, her results were expunged, the athlete was disqualified and her bronze medal removed. The fate of her other medals following the 2008 positive sample is to be decided by the IWF.
- "EVSTJUKHINA Nadezhda". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27.
- "EVSTYUKHINA Nadezdha". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27.
- "EVSTYUKHINA Nadezhda". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27.
- 75th MEN'S and 18th WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS -75 KG WOMEN, iwf.net Archived December 2, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "EVSTYUKHINA Nadezda". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27.
- Nadezhda Yevstyukhina. sports-reference.com
- Надежда Евстюхина потеряла шансы на олимпийскую медаль. pravda-news.ru (3 August 2012)
- Athlete Biography at beijing2008