October 12, 1991 |
Buenos Aires Argentina
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Although discovered at age 14 by a model scout, Preizler did not begin her international modelling career until she finished high school. She started her national modelling career, however, at age 15. Dubbed the "girl of the moment" by Clarín in 2013, she has walked for Chanel, Givenchy, Balenciaga, Alexander Wang, Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultier and Jeremy Scott, among others. She has also been photographed for Harper's Bazaar Argentina, Vogue Russia, Vogue Italia, Interview, Love and Grit. Preizler was the face of BAFWEEK fall/winter 2012. She has also sung in BAFWEEK 2013, closing the Desiderata fashion show.
Preizler has also gained recognition as an artist. She studied at the New York Academy of Art and Art Students League of New York. She usually draws while queuing for fashion castings and fittings, inspired by the clothes and the models. Inspired by Expressionists like Gustav Klimt and Oskar Kokoschka, Preizler usually draws women, "reflective faces" and self-portraits. Some of her sketches are developed into paintings using gaudy colors and exaggerated features. Jean Paul Gaultier owns a watercolor she made of him and Beth Ditto at the finale of his spring/summer 2011 show. The Argentine brand AY Not Dead launched a collection of shirts with drawings by Preizler, which are tributes to Niki de Saint Phalle who focused on the curves of the female body. She has also collaborated with Vogue Italia and Harvey Nichols on an illustration project for its spring/summer 2012 collection.
Preziler was raised in an artistic family, her father being an architect and sometimes oil painter, and her grandmother a sculptress. Preizler resides in Brooklyn, New York and Buenos Aires.
Preizler is of German descent. She is also Jewish. Her grandparents were Jewish immigrants who went to Argentina fleeing from Nazism. In the romantic novel festival Romántica Buenos Aires, she paid homage to them through a performance in which she read their love letters, shared apple cake that she cooked with her grandmother's recipe, and wore a dress that belonged to her.
- Naomi Preizler Model Profile, Fashion Model Directory
- Sainz, Carola (6 September 2013). "Un desfile de lujo". Clarín (Mujer). Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- Naomi Preizler, Pink Model Management
- Naomi Preizler, Elite Model Management
- Naomi Preizler, Iconic Management
- Naomi Preizler, Oui Management
- Naomi Preizler, Premier Model Management London, UK
- Naomi Preizler, Traffic Models
- Finnigan, Kate (5 February 2012). "Naomi Preizler: fashion's in-house artist". Fashion. Telegraph.co.uk. Archived from the original on 18 September 2013. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- Lescano, Victoria (27 July 2012). "Remeras fetiche". Página/12. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- Riedemann, Bárbara (23 May 2013). "La modelo artista". Entrevistas. Paula Magazine. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- "Vogue Russia Beauty Opener May 2012". Models.com. May 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Anticipo BAFWeek 2012". Revista OHLALÁ!. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- Cipriani, Paula; Piña, Delia (7 March 2012). "BAFWEEK Invierno 2013". La Nación. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Momentos únicos de BAFWEtEK". La Nación. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Bumpus, Jessica (28 March 2012). "Model Naomi Preizler draws the autumn/winter 2012-13 collections". Vogue UK. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- Milner, Glen (2 April 2012). "Naomi Preizler illustrates her way through fashion week". Fashion. Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- "AY Not Dead by Naomi Preizler". Elite Model Management New York. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- "El diario de Naomi". Harper's Bazaar Argentina (in Spanish). 000013: 176–179. May 2012. ISSN 1853-6298.
- נאוה סילוורה (27 August 2010). אופי או יופי? . Fashion (in Hebrew). Walla!. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Premat, Silvina (7 June 2013). "Amor y literatura: un festival celebra el auge de la novela romántica en el país" (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Pinto, Lucila (June 2013). "Diario de una pasión". Para Ti (in Spanish). Editorial Atlantida. 4744. Retrieved 25 September 2013.