||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014)|
|Dr. Devi Shetty, Chairman
Dr. A Raghuvanshi, Vice Chairman, MD & Group CEO
Number of employees
|Slogan||Health for all. All for health.|
Narayana Health formerly known as Narayana Hrudyalaya, is a multi-specialty hospital chain in India, headquartered in Bengaluru. The hospital chain has 6498 beds spread across 32 hospitals in 20 locations (as of April 2015).
The company won the "Good Company" award for its quality, affordability and scale. The business model of Narayana Health became a Global Healthcare and Harvard Business School case study.  The hospital chain is among the largest telemedicine networks in the world.
Vision and values
The group was founded in 2000 by Dr. Devi Shetty under the guidance of the Asian Heart Foundation (AHF). Today, it has 32 hospitals in 20 locations. In 2013, Narayana Hrudayalaya Pvt. Ltd. changed its brand name to Narayana Health.
Narayana Health hospitals are located in Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Berhampore, Davangere, Dharwad, Durgapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kolar, Kolkata, Kuppam, Mahuva, Mysore, Raipur, Shimoga. The chain is expanding, with projects in Lucknow, Mumbai, Siliguri, Bhubaneswar and internationally at Cayman Islands, Kualalumpur and Malaysia. At Cayman Island, they are establishing a Healthcity in association with Ascension Health Alliance The chain has 1500 full-time Doctors and 15,000 employees spread across all these locations.
The first health city was set up in the outskirts of Bangalore (now Bengaluru).
Spread over 25 acres (100,000 m2), it is located in the Bommasandra Industrial Area on Hosur Road in Bengaluru. NH Health City consists of a 1000 bedded cardiac care hospital and a 1400-bed multi-speciality hospital, which has one of Asia's most advanced Cancer Care facility and India's largest Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. Narayana Health in association with Mrs. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw of Biocon has a cancer hospital.
An average of 150 surgeries are performed every day and an average of around 80,000 outpatients are seen every month. The chain caters to the super specialty tertiary care services of the Indian populace.
Almost 42 heart surgeries and 24 open heart surgeries and 35 catheterization procedures daily and more than 95000 cardiac surgeries have been done since the chain’s existence. Their paediatric cardiac program is among the world’s largest programs. In addition, the group does over 2500 interventional cardiology procedures every month. A total of 15,000 coronary bypass grafting operations have been performed in the Bengaluru hospital. Their Bangalore cardiac unit (previously Narayana Hrudayalaya now Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences) is one of the world's largest heart hospitals. The hospital also receives patients from outside India, and has created a record of performing nearly 15,000 surgeries on patients from 25 foreign countries.
Mazumdar-Shaw Cancer Center, the oncology segment of Narayana Health, was established in 2009 at Bangalore.
Their Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Unit is situated at Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center, Bangalore. It is a 14-bedded facility and it focuses on treatment of thalassemia. The unit can conduct 14 transplants at any given time and is the largest of its kind in the country.
The telemedicine service was started in 2002 to cater mainly to the rural populace in the country.Their telemedicine network connects to countries like Malaysia, Mauritius and Pakistan; with most of the cases referred through telemedicine being cardiac ones. ECG reports, Audio/Visual data, CT scans, X-rays, MRIs and their analysis are exchanged via the telephone line, broadband connection or satellite. The group is also a part of "The Karnataka Telemedine Project" which was inaugurated on April 8, 2002 and links two rural hospitals in Saragur, Karnataka viz. the Chamarajnagar District Hospital and the Vivekananda Memorial Hospital with the Narayana Hrudayalaya.
Awards and Accolades
- WHO India recognised Narayana Health as Public Health Champion in the Category of Innovation
- Healthcare Leadership Awards - Stars of the Industry Group Category: Outstanding Achievement in Healthcare and Healthcare & Social Care Support
- Winner of ABP News HR & Leadership Excellence Awards
- 5th Annual MT Healthcare Award - Best Hospital Design Category by Medgate Today for NH Mysore
- Healthcare Leadership Awards for Social Cause
- Gold Winner in the Customer Service Category at the Asian Hospital Management Awards
- Winner of ABP News Brand Excellence Award
- Winner of the Second Inc. India Innovative 100 Award
- Winner of BCG Local Dynamos for Operational Excellence
- Superspeciality Hospital of the Year at the India Health and Wellness Awards
- Karnataka State Export Excellence Award
- Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences (NICS), Bangalore Ranked Best Private Cardiac Hospital in India - "The Week Nielsen Best Hospital Survey, 2013"
- Good Company Award, Philanthropy Awards 2013, Forbes India
- Winner of Inc. India Innovative 100 Award
- "Financial Times Arcelor Mittal Boldness in Business Awards": Corporate Responsibility/environment category
- Porter Prize for Industry Architectural Shift Inc. Innovative 100 award, 2013
- Ranked 36th amongst "World`s 50 most innovative companies" by Fast Companies.
- Frost & Sullivan India Healthcare Excellence Awards: Healthcare Service Provider Company of the Year (Revenue between INR 500-1000 Cr) 
- FICCI Healthcare Excellence Award for addressing Industry Issues
- Finalist in Namma Bengaluru Awards 2012 for CSR category
- India Shining Star CSR Award for the exceptional CSR work in health sector
Devi Shetty is the chairman of the group. A Raghuvanshi is the Vice Chairman, MD & Group CEO.
Group Hospitals & Heart Centres
- Ahmedabad, Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 079 - 71222222
- Bangalore, Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences: 080 - 71222222
- Bangalore, Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center: 080 - 71222222
- Bangalore, Chinmaya Narayana Superspeciality Centre: 080 - 25200001
- Bangalore, MS Ramaiah Narayana Heart Centre: 080 - 22183078
- Bangalore, St. Martha's Heart Centre: 9538043453
- Bangalore, Suguna Narayana Heart Centre: 8884431622
- Bangalore, Whitefield, Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 080 - 71112555
- Bangalore, HSR Layout, Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 080 - 71112300
- Davengere, SS Narayana Heart Centre: 08192 - 266055
- Dharwad, SDM Narayana Heart Centre: 0836 - 2477893
- Bellary, NH Jindal Sanjeevani Multispeciality Hospital: 08395 - 242313
- Berhampore, NH Rabindranath Thakur Diagnostics & Medical Care Centre: 03482 - 252571
- Hyderabad, Malla Reddy Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 040 - 23783000
- Jaipur, Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 0141 -7122222
- Jamshedpur, Brahmanand Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 0657 - 6600500
- Kolar, RL Jalappa Narayana Heart Centre: 9901766992
- Kolkata, Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences: 033 - 71222222
- Kolkata, Rotary Narayana Eye Hospital: 033 - 30115000
- Kolkata, Rotary Narayana Multispecialty Hospital: 033 - 30115000
- Kolkata, Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Chunavati, Howrah: 033 - 26448888
- Kolkata, Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Andul Road, Howrah: 033 - 26448888
- Kuppam, PES Narayana Heart Centre: 8008084888
- Mahuva, NH Hanumant Hospital: 02844 - 2244444
- Mysore, Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 0821 - 7122222
- Palanpur, NH Mavjat Multispeciality Hospital: 02742 - 245900
- Raipur, MMI Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 0771 - 4212761
- Shimoga, Sahyadri Narayana Multispeciality Hospital: 8182221577
- "Pulse On The Future". Online webpage of Businessworld. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "Philanthropy Awards 2013". Online webpage of Forbes India. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Quality, affordability and scale in healthcare: learning from Narayana". Online webpage of The Health Foundation Inspiring Improvement. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Tarun Khanna, V. Kasturi Rangan (22 June 2005). "Narayana Hrudyalaya". Hbswk.hbs.edu HBS Premier Case Collection. Retrieved 2005-06-22.
- Nayantara Som. "A Whole New World". Online Webpage of the Express Healthcare Management. Indian Express Newspapers (Mumbai) Limited. Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- "Devi P. Shetty, Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Medical Sciences". Online Webpage of the Schwab Foundation. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- "Narayana Health, Bengaluru". Online Webpage of Narayana Health. Archived from the original on 2007-06-03. Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- "Mazumdar-Shaw Cancer Centre at Narayana Health City opens largest bone marrow transplant unit". Online webpage of Pharmabiz News. Retrieved 2012-08-06.