National Public School, Rajajinagar
|National Public School, Rajajinagar|
|Motto||'Reach Out, Reach High, Reach Beyond|
|Chairman||Dr. K. P. Gopalkrishna|
|Sr. Principal||Mrs. Santhamma Gopalkrishna|
|Principal||Mrs. Malathy Narayanan|
|Vice-Principal||Mrs. Mini Jayan|
National Public School (or NPS-RNR or NPS-R) is a school located in Bangalore, India and established in 1959  by Dr. K. P. Gopalkrishna. Its main campus is located on Chord Road, 5th block, Rajajinagar. The campus comprises four buildings which house the classrooms, labs and auditorium.
It is one of only two schools in the country to have been granted full autonomy by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Many students have made it to the PES University, Indian Institutes of Technology, Birla Institute of Technology and Science-Pilani, National Institutes of Technology, NLSIU and AIIMS, and many have later made it to universities such as MIT, Stanford University, University of Oxford, University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University, London School of Economics, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore . NPS has traditionally done well at the International Brain Bee Competition.
Students are divided among four houses: Phoenix (blue), Centaur (red), Pegasus (yellow), and Orion (green). Two trophies are awarded at the end of the year to the winning house. One is based on the performance of the house in athletics referred to as the Sports Cup, while the second is based upon the house members' performance in the clubs (Theater, Science, Math, Quiz, Computers, Eco, Ekta (Integrity and Health)).
The school possesses an auditorium. Inside the auditorium is a concrete badminton court. Table tennis is also played there. The school has a science laboratory, and a computer laboratory with computing facilities for over eighty students apart from an Audio Visual room, Smartboard room and a resource room.
The Physical Education department is responsible for the enforcement of health and safety regulations in the school campus. First aid is administered for minor maladies; for major medical problems the student is transferred to hospital by ambulance.
Volleyball, basketball, football and throw-ball are the only permitted outdoor sports, along with badminton, handball and annual races.
The school organizes a bi-annual inter-school competition. The competition, known as Napsonic, involves teams from only the sister schools competing to win prizes for events. To ensure fair play, the students of National Public School, Rajajinagar do not participate in the fests that the school usually sponsors.
There are sports events conducted for classes 1 to 12 and kindergarten, in which the winners enjoy a crown-wearing ceremony, witnessed by the participating section.
- National Public School, Banashankari
- National Public School, Koramangala
- National Public School, Indiranagar
- National Public School, Chennai
- National Academy For Learning
- The International School Bangalore
- National Public School, Yeswantpur
- National Public School, Kengeri
- National Public School, Mysore
- National Public School, Agara, Kanakapura Road off Nice Road
- National Public School, Chikkabanavara
- D.K. Shivakumar, Congress leader from Karnataka
- Ashwini Nachappa, international athlete from Karnataka
- Vivek V Subramanyam - Founder and CEO of Technology Holdings Worldwide, a boutique investment bank. Presently in London, United Kingdom
- Vinay HD, 1990 (Class X); BE; currently in Bangalore - VP, Wipro.
- Rajender Kumaran, 91 Batch, Customer care at Dell Call Center
- Shashank ND: founder and CEO- practo
- Kannan Krishnamoorthy, 1990 (Class X); Masters In Comp Sc USA