Died January 9, 2018. Nema Andahadna was an occultist and writer best known for her magical writings about the Ma'atian current. She practiced and wrote about magick (magical working, as defined by Aleister Crowley) for over twenty-five years. From her experience with Thelemic magick (a system designed by Crowley), she developed her own system of magic called Maat Magick which has the aim of transforming the human race. Her writings have appeared in many publications, including the Cincinnati Journal of Ceremonial Magick, Aeon, Starfire, and others.
In 1974, she channelled a short book called Liber Pennae Praenumbra. Her ideas have been featured in the writings of Kenneth Grant. In 1979, she co-founded the Horus-Maat Lodge. According to Donald Michael Kraig:
Nema has been one of the most influential occultists of the last quarter century although most occultists have never read her works. What Nema has done is influence those who have been writers and teachers. They, in turn, influenced the rest of us.
- Liber Pennae Praenumbra. Cincinnati Journal of Ceremonial Magick. 1974.
- Nema (1995). Maat Magic: a Guide to Self-Initiation. York Beach, Me.: Samuel Weiser. ISBN 0-87728-827-5.
- Nema (2008). Maatian Meditations And Considerations. Black Moon Publishing. p. 38. ISBN 1-890399-10-8.
- The Way of Mystery: Magick, Mysticism & Self-Transcendence. Llewellyn Publications. 1995. ISBN 0-7387-0290-0
- The Evolution of Maat Magick: from Cornfields to Cyberspace (Subjects's website. Text of lecture delivered 4/10/2004 at the Thelemic Conference held at Conway Hall, London) in Silverstar, Issue 2, Autumn Equinox, 2004.
- Pan-Aeonic Magick (lecture on cassette) ACE
- Grant, Kenneth. Outside the Circles of Time, Muller 1980, contains a lengthy account of the writing of Nema's Liber Pennae Praenumbra.
- Grant, Kenneth. Beyond the Mauve Zone, London: Starfire, 1999, contains a photo facsimile of Liber Pennae Praenumbra.
- Kraig, D. M. Review of Maat Magick. Retrieved Dec. 19, 2005.
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Sargent, D. Maat Magick and the Way of Self Initiation: An Interview with Nema in The New Times (Seattle) reprinted in Silverstar, Issue 4, Autumn Equinox, 2005.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
|This Thelema-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|