Nevada State Route 34
|South end||CR 447 in Gerlach|
|Former SR 8A|
|North end||Coleman Valley Road|
State Route 34 is a decommissioned state highway in Nevada from prior to the state's highway restructuring in 1978. Today a portion of former SR 34 is maintained by the Washoe County as a county highway with the not well known designation CR 34. A portion of State Route 447 was formerly SR 34, though the former SR 34 road bed is still used from Gerlach, Nevada to near Vya, Nevada.
In the 1950s the pavement ended and became gravel just past the sand dunes north of Nixon. In 1953, south of Gerlach, the paving was incomplete and State Route 81 from Gerlach to the California state line was not surfaced. By 1963, the road was paved to Gerlach and State Route 81 was partly paved from Gerlach to the California State Line.
This section contains a table that is missing mileposts for one or more junctions.
The entire route is in Washoe County.
|Gerlach||CR 447||To SR 447|
|||Northern terminus of CR 34 and southern terminus of SR 34|
|Vya||SR 8A east||Southern end of SR 8A concurrency|
|||SR 8A west||Northern end of SR 8A concurrency|
|Oregon state line||Coleman Valley Road||To OR 140 – Adel, Lakeview, Denio|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Official Road Map of the State of Nevada (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1941. Retrieved December 30, 2007.
- "Budget Presentation FY 2008‐2009" (PDF). Washoe County Department of Public Works. p. 14. Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- "Nevada's State Maintained Highways, Descriptions, Index and Maps" (PDF). p. 120. Archived from the original (PD) on November 9, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2007.
- "Nevada Log: Routes 0 through 99". Archived from the original on October 24, 2008. Retrieved December 30, 2007.[unreliable source]
- Wilson, Larry. "Small towns hit the 'bust' in Nevada's 'boom and bust' history". Daily Sparks Tribune. Archived from the original on April 8, 2013.
- Burns, John & Johnson, Frank (April 26, 1953). "Residents of Gerlach Like to Think of It As One of the last Genuine Frontier Towns". Nevada State Journal. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- Sinclair, W.C. (October 1, 1963). Ground Water Appraisal of the Black Rock Desert Area, Northwestern Nevada (PDF) (Technical report). Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology. 20.
- Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map) (1978–79 ed.). Nevada Department of Highways. 1978.