New Economic School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Российская экономическая школа
|Motto||Never Ending Success|
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BAE), joint program of NES and Higher School of Economics
- Master of Arts in Economics (MAE)
Economics of Energy and Natural Resources (Masters in Energy Economics, EE)
- Master of Arts in Energy Economics (MAEE) - applied magistrate (2 years)
- Master of Science in Energy Economics (MSEE) - professional retraining program (1 year)
Finance, investments, banks (MA / MSc in Finance, MAF, MSF)
- Master of Arts in Finance (MAF) - applied magistrate (2 years)
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF) - professional retraining program (1 year)
- Masters in Finance, MiF
Alumni and students
Currently, 2150 young economists graduated from NES. 90% have a career in the private sector, mostly in international companies, investment banks, and consulting. 350 NES graduates went to continue their studies in PhD programs (such as Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Chicago, Stanford University, Yale University, Northwestern University, Columbia University, New York University, the University of Pennsylvania, the London Business School, and the University of Toulouse).
More than 80 PhDs work as economics faculty in the US and UK universities: MIT, Princeton University, Stanford, Yale, the University of California, Berkeley, Columbia, UPenn, NYU, LSE, LBS and others, in the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund; 29 PhDs have come back to Russia.
Faculty and research
More than 90% of NES professors have PhDs in economics and finance from the leading universities, such as Harvard, MIT, Columbia, NYU, LBS, Wisconsin-Madison, Northwestern University, and others. New Economic School is the first Russian university that have started hiring professors from abroad. Interviews with the candidates is hold during annual conference ASSA in Economics (AEA) and Finance (AFA).
These faculty members represent Russian economics in the global economics profession by participating in the international conferences and publishing in the leading international economics journals, including Econometrica, The American Economic Review, the Quarterly Journal of Economics, the Review of Economic Studies, the Journal of Economic Perspectives, the Journal of Economic Literature, the Journal of the European Economic Association, the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Business, and the American Political Science Review.
There are several research centers at NES: the Center for Demographic Research (CDR), which was created in 2011, and the Center for the Study of Diversity and Social Interactions (CSDSI), established in 2013 in cooperation with the head researcher Professor Shlomo Weber, and the Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR). In 2019, the Center for Research in Financial Technologies and Digital Economy SKOLKOVO-NES was founded.
New Economic School is ranked:
- the 1st place among Russian universities by the number of publications in leading international journals of economics and finance, according to the Tilburg University Ranking
- the 1st place among Russian universities by the number of citations per one scientific publication, according to QS Rankings
- 2nd place in Russia, according to Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) in Economics Academic Subject
- Top 2 among Institutions for Economic Studies in Russia, according to RePEc
In 2014, NES moved to a new campus at Skolkovo, built for the purposes of academic life, and combining modern auditoria with sports and recreation facilities.
- Ведомости (2018-09-02). "Новое вечное первое сентября". Retrieved 2018-09-03.