NextEra Energy Partners
|Type||Publicly traded subsidiary of NextEra Energy|
|Headquarters||Juno Beach, Florida, United States|
|James L. Robo, Chairman & CEO|
Armando Pimentel, President
|Services||Wind power, solar power, and natural gas pipelines|
|Revenue||US$ 301 million (2014)|
|US$ 162 million (2014)|
|US$ 53 million (2014)|
|Total assets||US$ 2.7 billion (2014)|
|Total equity||US$ 551 million (2014)|
NextEra Energy Partners LP, a publicly traded subsidiary of NextEra Energy, is a Juno Beach, Florida-based renewable energy company.
NextEra Energy Partners is a limited partnership formed in 2014 by NextEra Energy.
In June 2014, NextEra Energy announced an initial public offering for NextEra Energy Partners after the previously wholly owned subsidiary was approved for listing on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "NEP." Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs structured the offering.
On January 9, 2015, a subsidiary of the company acquired Palo Duro Wind Project Holdings, LLC and the Palo Duro wind facility in Texas.
In May 2015, the company completed the acquisition of 1,923 MW of contracted wind power projects from NextEra Energy Resources. The acquisition included facilities in North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Washington.
NextEra Energy Partners purchases and owns wind, solar power, and natural gas pipeline projects in North America.
Wind power projects
NextEra Energy Partners has wind power projects in multiple North America locations, including:
- Barnes County, North Dakota
- Burleigh County, North Dakota
- Conestogo, Ontario
- Dewey County, Oklahoma
- Elk City
- Northern Colorado
- Palo Duro Canyon
- Perrin Ranch
- Summerhaven, Arizona
- Tuscola Bay wind farm
- Umatilla County, Oregon
- Walla Walla County, Washington
Solar power projects
NextEra Energy Partners has solar power projects in multiple North America locations, including:
- Sombra, Ontario
- ^ a b c d e f g "NEP Profile - NextEra Energy Partners, LP Com Stock". finance.yahoo.com. Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- ^ a b "Company Information". investor.nexteraenergypartners.com. NextEra Energy Partners, LP. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- ^ a b "Our Company". nexteraenergy.com. NextEra Energy, Inc. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- ^ "NextEra Energy announces commencement of initial public offering of NextEra Energy Partners, LP". investor.nexteraenergypartners.com (Press release). NextEra Energy Partners, LP. June 19, 2014. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- ^ Ausick, Paul (June 19, 2014). "NextEra Launches Alternative Energy MLP — in Name Only". 247wallst.com. 24/7 Wall St. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l "Nextera Energy Partners LP (NEP) Company Profile". Reuters.com. Archived from the original on February 14, 2010. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- ^ a b c d e f g Froese, Michelle (May 13, 2015). "NextEra Energy finalizes deal to acquire 664 MW in wind capacity". Windpower Engineering & Development. Retrieved July 14, 2015.