Nicholas J. Pritzker
|Nicholas J. Pritzker|
|Born||1945 (age 70–71)|
|Net worth||US$ 1.45 billion (June 2016)|
|Parent(s)||Jack Nicholas Pritzker
|Relatives||Abram Nicholas Pritzker (uncle)|
Early life and education
Pritzker was born in Chicago in 1945, son of Jack Nicholas Pritzker (1903-1979) and Rhoda Goldberg Pritzker (1914-2007). He attended Reed College, Lake Forest College and the London School of Film. He went on to receive a J.D. from the University of Chicago. 
Pritzker assumed responsibility of Hyatt Hotels Corporation in Chicago, Illinois after working with his father, Jack Pritzker, in real estate. He served as the president of the company and oversaw international hotel projects. Pritzer also served on Hyatt Hotel Corporation's board of directors from 1980 to 2007. He is an independent entrepreneur and co-founder of Tao Capital. The investment firm primarily invests in sustainable energy and disruptive technology businesses. Tao Capital's early investments include Tesla Motors, Uber, SpaceX, Twist Bioscience, Aquion, Atlantica Hotels, United Record Pressing and Foundations Recovery Network.
He has served on non-profit boards, including Vice Chairman of Conservation International and Chairman of the Grand Victoria Foundation. Pritzker is the Vice-Chairman of Clean Energy Trust and Chairman of the Libra Foundation.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Nicholas Pritzker, II June 2016
- "Board Members". Archived from the original on December 29, 2014. Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "The Business Week" (3747-3755): 96.
- "Guide to Private Fortunes, 1993". 1992: 437.
- "Nicholas Pritzker, II". Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "Nicholas Pritzker II Net Worth". Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "Pritzker family donates $30 million to the University of Chicago". www-news.uchicago.edu. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- "#1195 Nicholas Pritzker, II.". Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "Nicholas J. Pritzker, J.D.". Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "Tao Capital Partners". Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "The Robert Redford Conservancy for Southern California Sustainability at Pitzer College Press Conference" (PDF). Retrieved January 11, 2015. line feed character in
|title=at position 70 (help)
- Jon Yates (June 25, 2003). "18 community funds to receive grants from Elgin casino". Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "The Libra Foundation". Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- Los Angeles Times: "Tiny Hamlet Wary of Hotelier's Plan for Big Family Compound" by Carol Pogash March 16, 2003