Born in New York, he had an academic career encompassing Harvard, Princeton and New York University, focusing on French politics, particularly those of the Fifth French Republic, and on the political career of Charles de Gaulle.
He married Sandy Walcott in 1964, but their marriage was dissolved in 1988. He married the British artist Charlotte Johnson in the same year. She was the former wife of Stanley Johnson, and the daughter of Sir James Fawcett, through whom he was the stepfather of Boris, Rachel and Jo Johnson and Leo Johnson
- "Obituary: Professor Nicholas Wahl". Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- Jr., Robert Mcg. Thomas. "Nicholas Wahl, 68, Scholar of French Politics". Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- Professor Nicholas Wahl; Obituary. The Times (London, England). (Sept. 20, 1996) News: p21. Word Count: 672
- Outsider in France's inner circle: Obituary of Nicholas Wahl. The Guardian (London, England). (Sept. 19, 1996) News: p15. Word Count: 834.
- "In Memoriam Nicholas Wahl," French Politics and Society, Vol. 14, No. 4, Autumn 1996
- "Guide to the Papers of Nicholas Wahl MC 146". dlib.nyu.edu. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|