Nick Miller (artist)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nick Miller (born 1962 in London) is an English artist working in Ireland.
In 1984 he graduated in Development Studies at the University of East Anglia. In that year he moved to Ireland, He lives and works in County Sligo. In recognition of his contribution to Irish Art, he was elected to Aosdána in 2001.
Significant exhibitions of his work have taken place at the Irish Museum of Modern Art in 1994, The Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin in 2003; The Butler Gallery, Kilkenny Castle in 2004; Limerick City Gallery of Art and Centre Culturel Irlandais, Paris in 2007. In 2008 he exhibited at the gallery of the New York Studio School. He has shown widely in Ireland, and internationally.
He has gained critical recognition for his strong contemporary figurative portraits, and for the "Truckscapes", landscapes he paints in the North West of Ireland from a converted truck that he uses as his mobile studio, In 2014 he received the inaugural Hennessy Portrait Prize, held at the National Gallery of Ireland. The award for €20,000, which includes a commission for a new work for the National Portrait Collection, was given for his painting "Last sitting: Portrait of Barrie Cooke", the renowned artist and friend of Miller who died in 2014.
- http://www.rubicongallery.ie Includes images and biography.
- http://www.nickmiller.ie Includes; publications, images, reviews and biography.
-  - NYSS - Truckscapes essay by David Cohen (art critic).
-  - NYSS - Peter Plagens on Nick Miller.
-  - The Irish Times, article by Aidan Dunne
- - Washington Post article by Blake Gopnik
-  - RTÉ television: The View (Irish TV series)
-  - RTÉ News, 11th November 2014.
-  - Hennessy Portrait Prize 2014, National Gallery of Ireland.
-  - Arena: RTÉ Radio 1 Interview with Nick Miller.
|This biographical article about a painter from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|