Nicola Philippaerts (born 1993) is a Belgian show jumping rider. He is a native of Genk, Limburg, Belgium. He is the son of Ludo Philippaerts and twin brother of Olivier Philippaerts, both show jumping riders as well.
In 2011, he finished fifth in the Longines International Grand Prix of Ireland at the 2011 Dublin Horse Show. He won the gold medal in Comporta, Portugal at the European Young Riders Show Jumping Championship, and the silver medal at the Belgian senior championship.
In 2012, he won the Longines Grand Prix at the 2012 Falsterbo Horse Show. Together with his father and brother, and Olympic Gold Medal winner Jos Lansink, he finished third at the 2012 Piazza di Siena FEI Nations Cup of Italy.
At the 2016 Olympics, in Rio de Janeiro, he was disqualified from competition for excessive use of his spurs and whip.
- "Equestrian Results". Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games. Archived from the original on 2013-01-13. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Nicola Philippaerts is talent van het jaar". De Standaard (in Dutch). Belga. 27 December 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Longines Falsterbo Grand Prix". 2012 Falsterbo Horse Show. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Nicola Philippaerts (18) wint topwedstrijd" (in Dutch). Sporza.be. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- Reuters (2016-08-14). "Two Rio show jumpers disqualified for overuse of whip and spurs". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-08-17.