December 30, 2003|
Long Island, New York, U.S.
|Website||Nicolette Pierini on Facebook|
Nicolette Pierini (//; born December 30, 2003) is an American child actress and performer. She was first noticed for her role in The Magic of Belle Isle (2012), opposite Morgan Freeman, and is known for the 2014 film adaptation of the musical Annie, where she played Mia Putnam.
Pierini was born in Long Island, New York, as the youngest of four children. She was inspired to become an actress after helping her sister Marisa to prepare for school plays. Together she and her brother Anthony would help by performing the other characters in play scripts, and by playing improvisational games with her. At the age of four, Pierini appeared in an episode of the IFC comedy Z Rock as Nicolette. She began taking improvisation, singing and dancing lessons from seven years of age.
Pierini began working an actress in short independent films and commercials. In 2012 she was featured her first roles in major productions, including a recurring role on the drama Made in Jersey and as different characters in the hidden camera show Primetime: What Would You Do?. In the same year, Pierini worked alongside Morgan Freeman in the film The Magic of Belle Isle, where she played Flora. In 2013, Pierini was featured in episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Golden Boy and Blue Bloods, as well as the Joey Dedio film Tio Papi.
In September 2013, Pierini was announced as a castmember for the 2014 adaptation of the musical Annie opposite Jamie Foxx, Quvenzhané Wallis and Cameron Diaz. Pierini landed the role after she completed five rounds of auditions. On the film's soundtrack, Pierini sung two songs, "Maybe" and "It's the Hard Knock Life". While promoting Annie, Pierini performed with the cast at the 2014 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and appeared with the cast at the 2014 Kids' Choice Awards.
Pierini's brother Anthony is a Broadway actor, appearing as an alternate in the productions of Mary Poppins from 2012–13, the 25th anniversary U.S. national tour Les Misérables from 2011–12 and Big Fish in 2013.
|2012||The Magic of Belle Isle||Flora "Flor" O'Neil|
|2014||Annie||Mia Putnam||Also featured on soundtrack|
|2008||Z Rock||Nicolette||Episode: "Episode 10"|
|2010||Growing Up Twisted||As herself||Episode: "Mommy's Boys" (uncredited)|
|2012–2016||Primetime: What Would You Do?||Lemonade Swindler, Left Child, Santa's Swindler, Transgender Child||5 episodes|
|2012||Made in Jersey||Annika Keenan||5 episodes|
|2013||Dora the Explorer||Kitten||Episode: "Kittens in Mittens", voice role|
|2013||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Sofia Santiago||Episode: "Presumed Guilty"|
|2013||Golden Boy||Abigail Brunell||Episode: "The Price of Revenge"|
|2015||Blue Bloods||Penelope Drake||Episode: "In The Box"|
|2017||Marvel's The Punisher||Lisa Castle||Recurring|
- "Annie Actress Answers Your Questions". Scholastic. December 19, 2014. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Smith, Mike (December 19, 2014). "Nicolette Pierini – Annie". Moviehole. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Bubbeo, Daniel (May 6, 2015). "Rising stars on Long Island". Newsday. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Wood, James (November 22, 2014). "Interview: Actress Nicolette Pierini discsses her role in new "Annie" remake". AXS. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "'Belle' peppered with sugar". New York Post. July 6, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Rivera, Zayda (July 6, 2012). "Family film 'Tio Papi' warms hearts on festival circuit when uncle becomes dad". New York Daily Times. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Mannarino, Al (September 24, 2013). "'Annie' Remake Begins Production; Full Cast Announced". Screen Rant. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Behan, Beau (November 12, 2014). "Classic Songs of 'Annie' with Renditions by Sia, Beck, Quvenzhane Wallis, Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz, and Rose Byrne Available Nov. 17". EntScoop LLC. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Clardy, Angel (November 28, 2014). "Rising Hollywood Starlet, Nicolette Pierini as Mia in "Annie"". EntScoop LLC. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Cohen, Lon (August 16, 2013). "Wheatley Heights 6th Grader Set to Appear in Broadway Musical". Patch Media. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- "Anthony Pierini Theatre Credits". Wisdom Digital Media. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- Strecker, Erin (22 October 2014). "Sia Annie You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile". Billboard. Retrieved 28 July 2015.