This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nidan is a non governmental organization which facilitates empowerment of the poor and marginalized sectors through community services and pro-poor participative interventions. Nidan has been intensively working with the people employed in unorganized sector in the states of Bihar, Rajasthan, Delhi and Jharkhand. It has two head offices located in Patna and West Vinod Nagar (East Delhi).
Nidan was registered in the year 1996 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. Nidan was founded by the current executive director of NASVI and Nidan.
Nidan has received many national and international awards.
- Ashoka and Eisenhower Fellow
- 1st Bihar Innovation Forum 27-28 Sept 2007 awarded 1st Prize in recognition of innovative work in “Organising Street Vendors”, by Bihar rural Livelihoods Promotion Society.
- 1st Bihar Innovation Forum 27-28 Sept 2007 awarded 4th Prize in recognition of innovative work in “Localizing Insurance for the Poor”, by Bihar rural Livelihoods Promotion Society.
- Microinsurance Awards 2007 by ING and Planet Finance, in 2007
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2009 of the year by The Schwab Foundation at India Economic Summit
- 2011 India Development Market Place, by World Bank
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Skoll Foundation 2012