||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dr. Nikhil Gupta is the contesting candidate for the Lok Sabha 2014 election. He is an active and a senior member of the Nav Bharat Democratic party and is representing the party from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. He is a pediatrician and an entrepreneur by profession.
Dr. Nikhil Gupta completed his MBBS from GSVM medical college. After graduating from GSVM Medical College of Kanpur, he preferred to go to Kolkata for his post-graduate training where he not only had to adapt to a different language and culture, but also compete with the locals to get admission in to the prestigious “Institute of Child Health”.
After completing his studies, he joined Indian Railways where he worked continuously for five years at the Intensive Care Unit of the Eastern Railways’ Kolkata based B R Singh Hospital. Thereafter, he was posted as in-charge of the Indian Railways hospital in Patratu, Bihar, and to his credit is turning around this hospital, which was entirely defunct at the time. In 1983 he returned to Kanpur to start his own private practice, and became a consultant in child health for several hospitals in the city. In 1995, along with his wife Dr Anuradha Gupta, a Gynaecologist, he started his own private hospital “Lala Amba Prasad Smarak Chikitsalaya”, which till date is considered to be a hospital with exceptional repute. The hospital specializes in women and child care and provides employment to over 75 workers.
In 2008, in order to fulfill his childhood dream to study outside his home country, he took another challenge in life and joined the Executive MBA program at the University of British Columbia. After successfully completing his MBA, he returned to Kanpur with a vision to make his city as beautiful as Vancouver. On his return to Kanpur, he got actively involved with public work and associated himself with the ‘Parivartan’ and ‘Kanpur Pragati Manch’ groups. During these endeavors, he soon realized that these small efforts would not help much in changing the deteriorating political scene of the city, and decided to run for a political office himself with an aim to serve and make a difference. Dr. Gupta has been involved with associations of his fraternity and has held many posts in the executive body of Indian Medical Association, Kanpur. He was elected President of the Kanpur chapter of the Indian Association of Paediatricians and President of the Nursing Home Association of Kanpur. As a member of these medical associations, he was deeply involved with community work:
- Pulse polio programs
- District level quiz competitions in schools to generate awareness about health issues. Notable events were held at Juhari Devi School, M G College and Kanpur Vidhya Mandir School.
- Trains medicos and paramedics for empathy and etiquette towards ailing patients and their attendants. This program “Medical Hospitality Program” is held every year and is widely acclaimed in the fraternity.
- As the President of Nursing Home Association, he has initiated the process of taking over a condemned Kanpur Nagar Nigam dispensary with help of Kanpur Pragati Manch, and desires to organize multi-speciality treatment camps.
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2013)|
- "Nav Bharat announced it's Kanpur candidate for Lok sabha 2014". Nav Bharat Democratic Party.
- Gupta, Nikhil. "NikhilMyMp". Nikhil Gupta.
- "Kanpur Pragati Manch".