Nikka Zaildar 3
|Nikka Zaildar 3|
First look poster
|Directed by||Simerjit Singh|
|Music by||Gurmeet Singh|
|Edited by||Bunty Nagi|
|Box office||₹16.20 crore|
Nikka Zaildar 3 is a 2019 Indian Punjabi-language romantic-comedy film directed by Simerjit Singh from a screenplay co-written by Jagdeep Sidhu and Gurpreet Singh Palheri. The film is third instalment of Nikka Zaildar film series. Co-produced by Viacom18 Studios and Patiala Motion Pictures, it stars Ammy Virk, Wamiqa Gabbi, Sonia Kour, and Nirmal Rishi in lead roles. The film chronicles the story of Nikka whose father's soul enters his body following his death. It also stars Sardar Sohi, Hardeep Gill, Baninder Bunny, Gurmeet Saajan, and Jagdeep Randhawa in supporting roles. The film was released on 20 September 2019.
- Ammy Virk as Nikka Zaildar
- Wamiqa Gabbi as Palpreet
- Sonia Kour as Dimple
- Nirmal Rishi
- Sardar Sohi as Bhaag Singh
- Gurmeet Saajan
- Jagdeep Randhawa
- Hardeep Gill
- Baninderjit Singh Bunny
- Nisha Bano as Shanti
- Parminder Gill
|Nikka Zaildar 3|
|Soundtrack album by |
Gurmeet Singh, Rick Hrt and Kuwar Brar
|Released||23 September 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|1.||"Announcement"||Kaptaan||Gurmeet Singh||Ammy Virk||2:21|
|2.||"Subaah"||Kaptaan||Rick HRT||Ammy Virk||3:01|
|3.||"Film Banaun Nu Firaan"||Simer Doraha||Gurmeet Singh||Ammy Virk||2:42|
|4.||"Do Naina Diyan Rufflan"||Kaptaan||Kuwar Brar||Nachattar Gill||2:04|
|5.||"Dharti Te"||Happy Raikoti||Gurmeet Singh||Ammy Virk||2:29|
Release and marketing
The film was announced in September 2018 with a cartoonized poster. The film was originally scheduled to be released on 21 June 2019 but was postponed to 20 September 2019. The film was released on 350 screens in Punjab. First look poster of the film was released on 16 August 2019. Official trailer of the film was released on 2 September 2019.
Nikka Zaildar 3 grossed ₹1.3 crore nett on its opening day, making it second-highest nett grossing Punjabi film on opening day of the year after Shadaa (₹2.3 crore nett). Also, the film had better opening than all other new hindi releases. The film grossed ₹9.45 crore in its opening weekend worldwide, making it one of the highest opening Punjabi films.. As of 4 October 2019 the film has grossed ₹16.2 Crore Worldwide.
Gurnaaz Kaur of The Tribune gave two and a half star out of five and described the film as "laugh riot". Kaur called the story "senseless" but praised the message embedded in it for superstitions. She praised the performances of Ammy Virk, Wamiqa Gabbi, Sonia, Nirmal Rishi and Sardar Sohi. Also, she praised the music, sound and the direction by Simerjit Singh.
- "Nikka Zaildar 3: The Ammy Virk starrer gets a new release date - Punjabi movies that got postponed". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Nikka Zaildar 3: Here's a sneak peek into the set of the Ammy Virk starrer - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Wamiqa Gabbi shares pictures of her with Ammy Virk from the sets of 'Nikka Zaildar 3' - Pollywood sequels and threequels to look forward to". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "'Nikka Zaildar 3': Makers announce the movie with a cartoonized poster - Pollywood sequels and threequels to look forward to". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "New Releases Dull - Chhichhore and Dream Girl Dominate - Box Office India". boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "The first look of Ammy Virk's 'Nikka Zaildar 3' is out". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- Kapoor, Diksha (2 September 2019). "Nikka Zaildar 3 Trailer Out: Ammy Virk Promises A Laughter Ride. Watch". PTC Punjabi. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "Nikka Zaildaar 3 Does Well On Day One - Box Office India". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 21 September 2019. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- "Nikka Zaildaar 3 Among Top Punjabi Opening Weekends - Box Office India". Box Office India. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Punjabi Cinema - Box Office". m.facebook.com. Retrieved 6 October 2019.
- Kaur, Gurnaaz (20 September 2019). "Movie Review - Nikka Zaildar 3: It's laugh riot". The Tribune. Retrieved 21 September 2019.