Nisshin Station (Saitama)
The south entrance in February 2011, after rebuilding
|Location||2-881 Nisshin-chō, Kita-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken 331-0823
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||■ Kawagoe Line|
|Distance||3.7 km from Ōmiya|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||22 July 1940|
|Electrified||30 September 1985|
|Passengers (FY2014)||13,157 daily|
Nisshin Station is served by the Kawagoe Line between Kawagoe and Ōmiya, and is located 3.7 km from Ōmiya Station. Most trains continue beyond Ōmiya on the Saikyo Line to Shinjuku and Shin-Kiba. Services operate every 20 minutes during the daytime.
|1||■ Kawagoe Line||for Sashiōgi and Kawagoe|
|2||■ Kawagoe Line||for Ōmiya, Ikebukuro, and Shinjuku, Rinkai Line through service to Shin-Kiba|
The station opened on 22 July 1940. The line was electrified on 30 September 1985, from which date through-running began to and from the Saikyo Line. With the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR East.
From March 2010, rebuilding work started, adding new entrances on both north and south sides of the station, with escalators leading up to a section in front of the gate, bridging over the two train platforms. New elevators were added, as well as new toilets, one inside and one outside, next to the north entrance. The old entrance was closed, and the new station building was completed during 2011.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 13,157 passengers daily. The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- JR East Research & Development Centre
- Calsonic Kansei Headquarters and Research & Development Centre
- Miyahara Station on the Takasaki Line (15 minutes' walk)
- Kawashima, Ryozo (February 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１１巻 埼玉南部・東京多摩北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 11 Southern Saitama and Northern Tama Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 25/42. ISBN 978-4-06-270071-9.
- JR Timetable, December 2010 issue
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 445. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2014年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2014)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2015. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2011年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2011)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nisshin Station.|
- Nisshin Station information (JR East) (in Japanese)