No Regrets (Tom Rush song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Song by Tom Rush|
|from the album The Circle Game|
|Length||3:50 (1968 version)|
5:40 (1974 version)
His 1968 composition has become an acknowledged standard, with numerous cover versions having been recorded. In addition to his 1968 sparse acoustic recording of the song, Rush later recorded a more lush, orchestrated pop version for Columbia Records featuring Carly Simon on background vocals and a screaming electric guitar solo for his 1974 album Ladies Love Outlaws.
The Walker Brothers
|Single by The Walker Brothers|
|from the album No Regrets|
|Released||14 November 1975|
|Recorded||Marquee Studios, Kingsway Recorders and Air London Studios, 1975|
|Genre||Pop, soft rock, country rock|
|Producer(s)||Scott Walker and Geoff Calver|
|The Walker Brothers singles chronology|
The song was also used as the title of its parent album. The single was slightly different as it features a John Walker harmony vocal not present on the album version which in turn includes female backing singers absent from the single.
"No Regrets" was a major hit spending twelve weeks on the UK Singles Chart and peaking at #7 in February 1976 giving Rush belated Top Ten exposure as a songwriter in the UK. The single would prove to be the group's final taste of commercial success while together, as the parent album and subsequent Walker Brothers releases failed to find a wide audience. The B-side "Remember Me" was written by John Walker under the pseudonym A. Dayam.
|2.||"Remember Me"||A. Dayam||3:51|
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||28|
|Belgium Ultratop singles chart||10|
|Dutch Top 40||7|
|Irish Singles Chart||5|
|UK Singles Chart||7|
- Lee Hazlewood and Ann-Margret - 1969 album The Cowboy & The Lady
- Waylon Jennings - 1970 album Singer of Sad Songs
- Olivia Newton-John - on her debut 1971 album If Not For You
- Shirley Bassey - 1973 album Never, Never, Never
- Midge Ure – reached #9 on the UK Singles Chart in 1982.
- Emmylou Harris - 1989 album Bluebird
- Luna - 2006 album Lunafied
- "45cat - The Walker Brothers - No Regrets / Remember Me - GTO - UK - GT 42". 45cat. Retrieved 2014-09-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Williams, Lewis (2006). Scott Walker – The Rhymes of Goodbye (1st ed.). London: Plexus. p. 151. ISBN 0-85965-395-1.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 589/590. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 331. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Discografie The Walker brothers". Ultratop.be. Retrieved 2012-10-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Discografie The Walker Brothers". 2003-2012 Hung Medien. Retrieved 2012-10-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Jaclyn Ward (1962-10-01). "Irish Singles chart". www.irishcharts.ie. Archived from the original on 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2011-09-15. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)