North Concord/Martinez station
The concourse level of the North Concord / Martinez BART Station
|Location||3700 Port Chicago Highway
Concord, CA 94520
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||County Connection: 17, 28/627|
|Parking||1977 spaces- Monthly Reserved, Daily ($1 per day), Extended Weekend (free), Midday ($1), Carpool (free), Long Term Parking|
|Bicycle facilities||30 Lockers|
|Opened||December 16, 1995 (21 years ago)|
|Passengers (FY 2016)||2,813 exits/day 3.36%|
North Concord / Martinez is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station that serves Concord and Martinez, California. The station itself is in the northern part of Concord. Despite being on BART's most heavily used line, it is the least utilized station in the system.
The North Concord / Martinez station opened on December 16, 1995 and was a terminal station until 1996 when the extension over Willow Pass opened. The present terminal is Pittsburg / Bay Point. However, on March 16, 2016, North Concord/Martinez temporarily became the terminus again after mysterious electrical surges on the tracks led to several cars being taken out of service north of the station. On that date, BART halted service north of North Concord/Martinez and established a bus bridge. Limited service to Pittsburg/Bay Point resumed on March 21 and full service resumed on April 2.
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Southbound||← Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward San Francisco International Airport weekdays, Millbrae weekends (Concord)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward Pittsburg / Bay Point (Terminus) →|
- (Monday-Friday) weekdays only:
- No weekend service.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District. "Monthly Ridership Reports". Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "North Concord / Martinez: Planning" (PDF). Bay Area Rapid Transit District. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- Gafni, Matthias (29 March 2016). "BART nearing full restoration of service". Contra Costa Times. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- Steve Rubenstein, "BART restores limited commute service to Pittsburg/Bay Point Station." SFGate, March 21 2016. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/BART-restores-limited-commute-service-to-6930975.php
- "BART RESUMES SERVICE AT N. CONCORD AND PITTSBURG/BAY POINT AFTER WEEKS OF REPAIRS." ABC7 News, April 2 2016. http://abc7news.com/traffic/bart-resumes-service-between-n-concord-and-pittsburg-bay-point-/1273495/
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District Biograophy, BART.gov, retrieved January 23, 2008
- Media related to North Concord/Martinez BART station at Wikimedia Commons
- BART – North Concord/Martinez Station Overview
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in San Francisco is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Contra Costa County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|