|Industry||Utility computing services|
|Rajesh Jain, MD, Netcore Solutions |
Ray Sata, Chairman, Analog Devices Inc.
Dr. Ashok Jhunjhunwala, IIT Madras
Alok Singh, CEO
Shirish B Purohit
Krishna "kittu" Kolluri
Number of employees
Novatium Solutions Pvt Ltd is a privately held Indian company based in Chennai, India which provides computing services and what it calls managed utility computing services. The CEO of Novatium is Mr. Alok Singh. The company was founded by Rajesh Jain in 2004.
Novatium began operations in 2004, and has developed thin embedded devices capable of operating on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, Android and Solaris platform without any change in device. The company has partnered with Tata Teleservices Limited to launch Novatium Navigator with Tata Photon plus. Thus, Novatium is India's first cloud computing on wireless broadband service. The services include high speed computing experience with an emphasis on internet, gaming, digital entertainment, online education, telephony and business productivity. Bharti Airtel, an Asian integrated telecom service provider, also entered into a strategic partnership with Novatium to help expand the broadband market in India.
Novatium provides computing devices and has four products, Novatium Navigator, Novatium Navigator +, Novatium Neon, Novatium cNergy. Novatium has arranged with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, Bharti Airtel and Tata Teleservices to connect the device into the Novatium Desktop.
Novatium also manufactured and purveyed the Nova NetPC circa 2007, which was priced at $100 at that time and was described as being "just within reach of India's growing middle class". The Nova NetPC involved users subscribing to a computing service, and the computer had no hard drive disks.
- "Novatium Solutions Private Limited: Private Company Information". Bloomberg. 6 January 2017. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- "NEA invests in Novatium Solutions". The Hindu. 2007-09-23. Archived from the original on 2009-12-28. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- Malik, Om (2005-08-01). "The Next PC Revolution will be Televised". CNN. Archived from the original on 2016-12-29. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- "Tata Tele partners with Novatium". CIOL. 22 December 2009. Archived from the original on 7 March 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "News By Industry". The Times Of India. 2010-05-05.
- Gurunathan, Sriram (4 April 2011). "Novatium Launches Navigator 5.0 – Tech2". Firstpost. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "BSNL ties up with Novatium for broadband services". The Hindu BusinessLine. 2009-01-03. Retrieved 28 December 2009.
- Overdorf, Jason (12 October 2007). "The $100 Un-PC". Newsweek. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Novatium unveils pilot of low-cost PC". The Hindu Business Line. 11 January 2007. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novatium.|