|Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong|
Laubman & Pank
OPSM (Optical Prescription Spectacle Makers) is a retailer of eye glasses in Australia and New Zealand, with locations in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia. It is owned by Luxottica, an Italian eyewear conglomerate.
OPSM was founded in Sydney in 1932, and was floated on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1962. In May 2001, OPSM sold its Protector Safety Supply Group to Howard Smith. Luxottica acquired a controlling interest in 2003 and in February 2005, OPSM was delisted from the Australian Securities Exchange.
Laubman & Pank
Laubman & Pank became at one stage the largest eye care business in Australia. It began operations in 1908 with two optometrists deciding to set up their own business. The group was acquired by OPSM in 2001 and is now run by Luxottica, the world's biggest eye care and eye wear conglomerate. Laubman & Pank has 38 stores in Australia.
OPSM acquired The Optical Centre (Chinese: 藝視眼鏡) from Michael Miu in 2002. At that time OPSM also owned another Hong Kong based chain The Optical Shop (known in Chinese under the brand 高登眼鏡). Nowadays Luxottica group runs the Hong Kong chain under dual-brand LensCrafters 高登眼鏡. It also used the brand Sunglass Hut.
- Our Story OPSM
- To Acquire Protector Safety Supply Group for $60m Howard Smith 21 May 2001
- Luxottica Group reaches 98.5 percent holding in OPSM Group, starts compulsory acquisition of all remaining shares Luxottica
- Clegg, Brett (3 May 2003). "Luxottica sees a bargain in OPSM". Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- Suspension and Removal from Official Quotation Australian Securities Exchange 13 February 2005
- "Luxottica eyes augmented growth". Executive Style. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- Annual Report 2018 Luxottica
- "Our Story | Eye Specialists | Laubman and Pank". www.laubmanandpank.com.au. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- "L&P - Our Story". www.laubmanandpank.com.au. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "OPSM has a vision, but it's sited a long way off". The Age. 5 November 2002. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- 高登澳洲母公司購併藝視. 太陽報 [The Sun] (in Chinese (Hong Kong)). Hong Kong: Oriental Press Group. 21 September 2002. Retrieved 10 May 2020.