(Redirected from Oasis (film))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up OASIS, Oasis, or oasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An oasis is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert.
Oasis or The Oasis may also refer to:
- 1 Places
- 2 Computing and technology
- 3 Arts, entertainment and media
- 4 Brands and enterprises
- 5 Christian and charitable organisations
- 6 Education
- 7 Transport
- 8 See also
- Oasis (Casablanca), a neighborhood of Casablanca, Morocco
- Oasis crater, Libya
- Oasis, Iowa, U.S.
- Oasis, Mendocino County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Mono County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Nevada, U.S.
- Oasis, Riverside County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Utah, U.S.
- Oasis, Wisconsin, U.S.
Types of places
- Antarctic oasis, a large area naturally free of snow and ice in the otherwise ice-covered continent of Antarctica
- Illinois Tollway oasis, a type of highway rest area
- Urban oasis, an open space in an urban setting
Computing and technology
- OASIS (organization), an information technology standards consortium
- Oasis (software), a surveillance tracking program
- OASIS operating system, an operating system developed and distributed in 1977
- Open Access Same-Time Information System, an electric power transmission management system
- Open Architecture System Integration Strategy, the philosophy behind the Apple Macintosh computer
- Open Artwork System Interchange Standard, an integrated circuit design layout computer file format
- OASIS.MASK, a constrained version of the above
Arts, entertainment and media
- Oasis, a character from the webcomic Sluggy Freelance
- Ontologically Anthropocentric Sensory Immersive Simulation (OASIS), a fictional simulated reality sandbox video game that is the basis of the novel Ready Player One and its film adaptation.
- Oasis (1955 film), a French adventure film
- Oasis (1972 film), a Czech-Soviet war film
- Oasis (2002 film), a South Korean film
- The Oasis (2008 film), an Australian documentary
- Oasis (video game), for Microsoft Windows
- Oasis (anthology), a poetry collection published during World War II
- The Oasis (novel) (1949), by Mary McCarthy
- The Oasis, a 1999 novel by Pauline Gedge
- The Oasis, a 2001 novel by Petru Popescu
- The Oasis, an 1834 anti-slavery gift book by abolitionist Lydia Maria Child
- Oasis, a 1988 novel by Patricia Matthews
- Oasis, a 1996 teen novel by Gregory Maguire
- Oasis (1980s band), a short-lived English music group
- Oasis (American band), active in the 1970s
- Oasis (band), an English rock band (1991–2009)
- Oasis (Roberta Flack album) (1988), Roberta Flack's solo album released in 1988
- Oasis, an album by Kitarō (1979)
- Oasis (Eric Marienthal album) (1991), an album by American saxophonistist Eric Marienthal released in 1991
- Oasis (Akinori Nakagawa album) (2005), the third studio album from Akinori Nakagawa
- Oasis (Oasis album) (1980), a 1984 studio album by 1980s group Oasis
- Oasis (O.C. & A.G. album) (2009), the first collaboration album by New York rappers O.C. and A.G.
- Oasis (Shirley Scott album) (1989), an album by organist Shirley Scott recorded in 1989
- "Oasis" (Do As Infinity song) (2000), Do As Infinity's third single, released in 2000
- "Oasis" (Roberta Flack song) (1988), a 1988 single written by Marcus Miller and Mark Stephens and recorded by Roberta Flack
- "Oasis", a 2015 song by French Israeli singer Amir Haddad
- "Oasis", a song by Amanda Palmer from Who Killed Amanda Palmer
- "Oasis", a song by Maynard Ferguson from New Vintage
- "Oasis" (Amir song), a 2015 song performed by French-Israeli singer Amir Haddad
- "Oasis" (Gackt song), a single released by Gackt on 2000
Television and radio
- "Oasis" (Star Trek: Enterprise), a television episode
- Oasis (1993 TV series), a British drama series set in South London
- Oasis, a pilot episode of a British drama series based on Michael Faber's The Book Of Strange New Things, part of Wave 8 of Amazon Video
- Oasis, animated short film by Gints Zilbalodis
- Oasis, short film written and directed by Jorge Ameer
- Astro Oasis, a Malaysian television station
- Oasis HD, former name of the Canadian English language specialty channel Love Nature
- KOAS or The Oasis, a radio station in Las Vegas
Brands and enterprises
- Oasis (drink), a non-carbonated bottled soft drink, a product of Orangina Schweppes
- Oasis (hotel and casino), Mesquite, Nevada, U.S.
- OASIS International Hospital, a private hospital in Beijing, China
- Oasis Mall, Saudi Arabia
- Oasis Petroleum, an American oil company
- Oasis Restaurant, Texas, U.S.
- Oasis Shopping Centre, Australia
- Oasis Stores, a chain of clothes shops
- The Oasis Centre, a shopping centre in Birmingham, England, UK
- Oasis Leisure Centre, a swimming pool and leisure complex in Swindon
- Oasis (horticulture), a brand of foam used in flower arranging
- Oasis (spa), a New York City Day Spa founded in 1998
- Oasis Drive-In, a restaurant located in Caledonia, Ontario Canada
Christian and charitable organisations
- Oasis Commission, a ministry of the Episcopal Church to LGBT people
- Oasis Charitable Trust, a UK-based Christian charity
- Oasis International Foundation, a center for religious studies in Italy
- OASIS (center), a U.S national educational organization
- Isuzu Oasis, a minivan
- Gin Oasis, a South Korean paraglider design
- MS Oasis of the Seas, a 2009 Royal Caribbean cruise ship
- Oasis Airlines, a defunct Spanish-based company
- Oasis Hong Kong Airlines, a long-haul Asian airline
- Oasis LRT station, a light rail station in Singapore
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Oasis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.