|• Mayor||Gerhard Semmelrogge|
|• Total||2.81 km2 (1.08 sq mi)|
|Elevation||528 m (1,732 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
- 1 Geography
- 2 Population
- 3 History
- 4 Politics
- 5 Culture and sightseeing
- 6 Clubs
- 7 Economy and infrastructure
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The community lies in the High Westerwald between Siegen and Limburg an der Lahn. Through the community flows the Dorfbach. Near the community, and indeed at its original location, flows the actual Roßbach. Oberroßbach belongs to the Verbandsgemeinde of Rennerod, a kind of collective municipality. Its seat is in the like-named town.
In 1819 there were 70 children (24% of the population) in school in Oberroßbach. In 1900, it was only 45, and after World War II, 36. When the school was dissolved in 1970, however, there were 61 children.
In 2007 and 2008, there was a great growth in population of 8.18%, due especially to the newly built housing estate.
In 1440, both places had their first documentary mention as Obern Rospach.
The council is made up of 8 council members who were elected in a majority vote in a municipal election on 13 June 2004.
Coat of arms
Culture and sightseeing
In the village is a playing ground with a small sport ground. The clubs offer their respective sports.
Clubs offer regular events. Each year there are festivals, among them the Battle Festival and the newly introduced Oktoberfest.
In Oberroßbach there are a few clubs. Among them are the following:
- The Haareweißleu, a kind of tradition club that takes part in village festivals.
- The Oberroßbach Volunteer Fire Brigade, which likewise takes part in village festivals. Also belonging to it is the Oberroßbach Youth Volunteer Fire Brigade.
- The Gemeinschaft Oberroßbach e. V. , which was founded through a citizens’ initiative in 2005 (it is to be dissolved in 2008).
Economy and infrastructure
East of the community runs Bundesstraße 54, leading from Limburg an der Lahn to Siegen. The nearest Autobahn interchange is Haiger/Burbach on the A 45 (Dortmund–Aschaffenburg), some 15 km away. The nearest InterCityExpress stop is the train station at Montabaur on the Cologne–Frankfurt high-speed rail line.
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31. Dezember 2015" (PDF). Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 2016.