One Court Square
|One Court Square|
|Roof||658 ft (201 m)|
|Floor area||1,401,630 sq ft (130,216 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill|
One Court Square, also known as the Citigroup Building, is a 50-story 200.5-metre (658 ft) office tower in Long Island City, Queens across the East River from Manhattan in New York City. It was completed in 1990 by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP for Citigroup.
Since opening in 1990, the tower has been the tallest building in New York state outside of Manhattan, the tallest building on Long Island, and the 87th tallest building in New York City. However, by 2021, it will be surpassed in Queens by both Skyline Tower and Queens Plaza Park, rising to 778 ft and 755 ft, respectively.
It is distinguished from the Citigroup Center in Manhattan, which is across the street from Citigroup's former main headquarters at 399 Park Avenue. The buildings are one stop apart on the New York City Subway's IND Queens Boulevard Line (E and M trains); Citigroup Center is near Lexington Avenue–53rd Street, while One Court Square is right above Court Square–23rd Street, the next station east.
WNYZ-LP (also known as Pulse 87) broadcasts from the top of this building as do various low power television stations. Additionally, the building houses the headquarters of cable company Altice USA on its top floors.
The building is parodied in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV as the LC24 Tower.
- Opened in 1990
- Green-tinted glass-wrapped
- 50 Stories above ground (54 total)
- 27 passenger elevators; 4 freight elevators and 6 escalators
- 1,401,630 rentable square feet (130,203 square meters)
- Owned by Savanna
- Architect: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
- Construction Manager: Turner Construction
- Citicorp Leads Queens To The Skies, Queens Tribune, accessed February 13, 2007 Archived February 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- J. David Goodman (2018-11-13). "Amazon Is Getting at Least $1.7 Billion to Come to Queens. Now Comes the Fight Over Whether It's Worth It".
- Morris, Keiko (November 9, 2018). "Landlord, Facing Loss of a Big Tenant, Pins Hopes on Amazon HQ2". Wall Street Journal. New York City. Retrieved November 9, 2018.
- Media related to One Court Square at Wikimedia Commons
- One Court Square Official site
- Citicorp Building