|Industry||Software, Small Business|
|Services||Business Software, CRM, Marketing automation, Web Development, Email Marketing, ECommerce, Landing Pages, Sales Force Management, Membership Software, Affiliate Marketing|
Number of employees
Landon Ray founded ONTRAPORT in 2006 in Santa Barbara, California. "I was running another business and ran into the problems that all entrepreneurs do, and I couldn’t believe there wasn’t a slick solution to solve them," Ray said of the founding. ONTRAPORT offers customer relations management services that help with content management, such as creating and hosting webpages; lead tracking, which includes collecting customer data and behavior; traditional marketing approaches, such as e-mail, SMS, social media, and direct mail; managing online payments, including automated billing; and workflow automation, such as for recruiting.
Forbes named ONTRAPORT No. 71 on its list of "America's Most Promising Companies." The company also placed No. 10 on Inc.'s "Top 100 Software Companies" and No. 26 on its "Top 100 California Companies.". ONTRAPORT has clients all over the globe.
Landon Ray, Pin Chen and Steven Schneider founded ONTRAPORT in 2006 in Santa Barbara, California. Ray, the flower vendor turned wall street trader said he was “running another business and ran into the problems that all entrepreneurs do, and couldn’t believe there wasn’t a slick solution to solve them.” The three started the small business automation platform from a backyard yurt and released Office AutoPilot (predecessor of ONTRAPORT) in 2008.
In 2012 a three year sales growth of 3001%, landed ONTRAPORT on Inc. 500’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. In 2015 the company released the free web page builder ONTRApages and Forbes named ONTRAPORT No. 71 on its list of “America’s Most Promising Companies”.  The MODERN ONTRAPRENEUR brand began in 2016, including a podcast, YouTube channel and quarterly magazine. In 2017 ONTRAPORT launched the visual Campaign Builder and won the bronze best in biz award for “Best New Product Feature of the Year”. 
ONTRAPORT is a customer relations management (CRM) and marketing automation platform designed for small businesses and entrepreneurs. It offers the advanced features typically found in enterprise-level platforms but through an easy-to-use interface for small, non-technical teams to use. 
The company’s headquarters is based in Santa Barbara, California with an additional office in Sydney, Australia which opened in 2015 and has 100+ employees. ONTRAPORT’s leadership team includes Founder / CEO Landon Ray, President Lena Requist, and Chief Technology Officer Pin Chen.
Software and Services
ONTRAPORT offers a subscription-based sales and marketing software for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Features include business automation, campaign builder, CRM, ecommerce, email marketing, SMS and postcards, landing pages, marketing automation, marketing tracking, membership sites, metrics dashboard, partner program and sales force automation. All of the tools are centered around the visual campaign builder launched in 2017.
Training and Education
ONTRAPORT also offers business strategy education through educational guides, conferences and certification. ONTRAPORT Education, launched in October 2016, provides in-demand training courses, video tutorials and strategy classes from industry experts, geared to help small business owners and entrepreneurs build their business. 
ONTRAPORT hosts events such as ONTRApalooza (OPLZA), an annual conference for users and small business owners.
Awards and Recognition
In 2017, ONTRAPORT was ranked No. 144 on the Entrepreneur 360: The Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America and No. 2 for Best CRM Company to Work For. ONTRAPORT’s software was listed as one of CreditDonkey’s Best Ecommerce Platform of 2017, Best in Biz’s Best New Product Feature of the Year, and Appelie’s Overall Saas Platform Category Winner.
For the second year running, ONTRAPORT landed on Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work 2016, coming in at No. 89. and ranked No.16 on Fortune’s Great Place to Work for Flexibility.
In 2015, ONTRAPORT ranked No. 45 on the Outside Magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work, and landed No. 264 on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500, with a 274% growth rate. ONTRAPORT also ranked at No. 46 on Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Women and came in at No. 25 on Fortune’s 25 Best Small Workplaces as well as No. 81 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 list.
- "Forbes Profile". Forbes.
- Associated Press (January 9, 2012). "Working harder for the money: In a slow economy, small businesses base raises on performance" (PDF). Washington Post.
- Yao, Yishian (September 24, 2012). "Ontraport S.B. Tech Company Among U.S. Fastest Growing". Santa Barbara Independent.
- "Inc. Profile". Inc.
- Nellis, Stephen. "Growth, on Autopilot" (PDF). Pacific Coast Business Times.
- Mario (May 6, 2013). "Landon Ray – Founder and CEO of ONTRAPORT". Idea Mensch.
- "Awesome Man of the Month: Landon Ray". Women Entrepreneurs.
- Lorenz, Mary. "And the Big Strides in Small Business Award goes to…". Career Builder.
- Nusca, Andrew (February 5, 2013). "Ontraport debuts business automation platform for SMBs". ZDNet.com.
- Liyakasa, Kelly. "Ontraport Scales Sales and Marketing Automation for SMBs". Destination CRM.
- "America's Most Promising Companies". Forbes.
- "Top 100 Software Companies". Inc.
- "Top 100 California Companies".
- Christo Hall
- Taub, Alexander. "ONTRAPORT Automates the Business of Small Business". Forbes. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Yao, Yishian. "S.B. Tech Company Among U.S. Fastest Growing". Santa Barbara Independent. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- Pilon, Annie. "ONTRAPORT CRM System Helps Small Businesses Manage Technology". Small Business Trends. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Ontraport Ranks No. 102". prnewswire. Retrieved 22 August 2012.