North American cover art
Ooga Booga is an online multiplayer video game for the Dreamcast, focusing on the combat of "Kahunas" using thrown shruns, riding animals, staffs, or using spells. The storyline is that Ooga Booga is a volcano goddess that creates islands, and has leaders of tribes, the Kahunas, that battle for her favor. It has a distinct Polynesian style and tone, and has many multiplayer islands and characters which can be unlocked. It was one of the last online games for the Dreamcast. There are four basic Kahunas that the player can use - Hottie (balanced), Fatty (strong), Twitchy (fast), and Hoodoo (spells). There are other unlockable Kahunas based on the main four. Some of them include Death (a floating skeleton), Abe (Former U.S. President Abraham Lincoln), Superguy (superhero), and Dwarf (a dwarf). There are multiple masks for each base Kahuna, unlocked by winning enough matches. There are many different arenas as well, varying from a pyramid to a jungle island to a small and empty desert. It received very positive reviews, including a 9.4 from IGN. On January 26, 2018, portions of the game became available to play online.
- "Sega Dreamcast - The Complete Games List (336 Titles) - Nostalgia Techs". Nostalgia Techs. 2017-06-12. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Meta-Review: Ooga Booga - Sega Dreamcast - RetroGaming with Racketboy". RetroGaming with Racketboy. 2006-11-29. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- Fielder, Joe (2001-09-17). "Ooga Booga Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Ooga Booga for Dreamcast - GameFAQs". www.gamefaqs.com. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Games time forgot: Ooga Booga". Destructoid. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Ooga Booga (Dreamcast)". IGN. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Ooga Booga is back online". Dreamcast Live. Retrieved 2018-01-28.