Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Orithyia, one of the Nereids.
- Orithyia, a daughter of Cecrops, wife of Makednos and mother of Europus.
- Orithyia, a daughter of Erechtheus.
- Orithyia, a nymph, called by some the grandmother of Adonis.
- Orithyia (Amazon)
- Joseph Emerson Worcester, A comprehensive dictionary of the English language, Boston, 1871, p. 480, rule 3, where he notes that the pronunciation of such names is not e.g. // "as in Walker" (see e.g. Walker and Trollope, A key to the classical pronunciation etc., London, 1830, p. 123)
- Homer. Iliad, 18
- Hyginus. Fabulae, Preface.
- Stephanus of Byzantium s. v. Eurōpos
- The Ancient Library - Europus
- Bibliotheca 3.15.1.
- Antoninus Liberalis. Metamorphoses, 34.