Ossipee, North Carolina
|Ossipee, North Carolina|
Ossipee Dam on the Reedy Fork of the Haw River
|• Total||0.62 sq mi (1.61 km2)|
|• Land||0.61 sq mi (1.57 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|• Estimate (2016)||562|
|• Density||870/sq mi (340/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Ossipee is an incorporated town in northwestern Alamance County in the U.S. state of North Carolina. Ossipee is one of the newer municipalities in the state, as it was incorporated officially on December 9, 2002. It was part of the Altamahaw-Ossipee census-designated place until its incorporation. The town had a 2010 population of 543. The town belongs to the Piedmont Triad metropolitan area.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- North Carolina Legislation 2002: Local Government and Finance
- "Directory Browsing is Not Allowed". census.gov.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ossipee town, North Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|This article about a location in Alamance County, North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|