|Designers||Orange Labs, Ruhr University Bochum and the Technical University of Denmark|
|Key sizes||80 or 128 bits|
|Block sizes||64 bits|
PRESENT is a lightweight block cipher, developed by the Orange Labs (France), Ruhr University Bochum (Germany) and the Technical University of Denmark in 2007. PRESENT is designed by Andrey Bogdanov, Lars R. Knudsen, Gregor Leander, Christof Paar, Axel Poschmann, Matthew J. B. Robshaw, Yannick Seurin, and C. Vikkelsoe. The algorithm is notable for its compact size (about 2.5 times smaller than AES).
The block size is 64 bits and the key size can be 80 bit or 128 bit. The non-linear layer is based on a single 4-bit S-box which was designed with hardware optimizations in mind. PRESENT is intended to be used in situations where low-power consumption and high chip efficiency is desired. The International Organization for Standardization and the International Electrotechnical Commission included PRESENT in the new international standard for lightweight cryptographic methods.
- Bogdanov, Andrey; Knudsen, Lars R.; Leander, Gregor; Paar, Christof; Poschmann, Axel; Robshaw, Matthew J. B.; Seurin, Yannick; Vikkelsoe, Charlotte (2007). "PRESENT: An Ultra-Lightweight Block Cipher". Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4727 (Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems - CHES 2007): 450–466. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. "Ultra-lightweight encryption method becomes international standard". Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- ISO. "ISO/IEC 29192-2:2012". Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- Blondeau, Cline; Nyberg, Kaisa (2014). "Links between truncated differential and multidimensional linear properties of block ciphers and underlying attack complexities". Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8441 (Advances in Cryptology EUROCRYPT 2014): 165–182.
- Lee, Changhoon (2014-01-28). "Biclique cryptanalysis of PRESENT-80 and PRESENT-128". The Journal of Supercomputing 70 (1): 95–103. doi:10.1007/s11227-014-1103-3. ISSN 0920-8542.
- Faghihi Sereshgi, Mohammad Hossein; Dakhilalian, Mohammad; Shakiba, Mohsen (2015-10-06). "Biclique cryptanalysis of MIBS-80 and PRESENT-80 block ciphers". Security and Communication Networks. doi:10.1002/sec.1375. ISSN 1939-0122.
- PRESENT: An Ultra-Lightweight Block Cipher
- http://www.lightweightcrypto.org/implementations.php Software Implementations in C and Python
- http://cis.sjtu.edu.cn/index.php/Software_Implementation_of_Block_Cipher_PRESENT_for_8-Bit_Platforms C implementation
- http://www.emsec.rub.de/media/crypto/veroeffentlichungen/2011/01/29/present_ches2007_slides.pdf Talk slides from Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems
|This cryptography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|