|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Elevation||1,500 m (4,900 ft)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Paidha is in Zombo District, West Nile sub-region. The town is near the border with the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). It is approximately 96 kilometres (60 mi), by road, south of Arua, the largest city in the sub-region. This is approximately 450 kilometres (280 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. Zombo, the town where the district headquarters are located, is approximately 17 kilometres (11 mi), by road, northwest of Paidha. The coordinates of Paidha are 2°25'00.0"N, 30°59'15.0"E (Latitude:2.416667; Longitude:30.987500).
Paidha is a busy border town in northwest Uganda at its border with the DRC. In 2013, it was the second-busiest border crossing between Uganda and the DRC, based on the volume of informal exports and imports. See table below:
|Rank||Border Town||Share of Exports||Share of Imports|
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Paidha at 24,079 and in 2010 the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 29,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Paidha at 30,500. In 2014, the population census put the population of the town at 33,426.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The offices of Paidha Town Council
- Paidha central market
- Paidha Cultural Center
- international border between Uganda and the DRC is at Goli, about 8 kilometres (5 mi) southeast of Paidha.
- Paidha Primary Teachers College, a public teacher training college administered by the Ugandan Ministry of Education
- studios of Radio Paidha, a private radio station
- Paidha Prison, also known as Kakira Prison
- St. Peter's Church, a place of worship affiliated with the Church of Uganda
- headquarters of Paidha Black Angels Football Club
- Nyagak Power Station, a 3.5 megawatt hydropower station operated by WENRECO, a subsidiary of Industrial Promotion Services
- Nyagak III Power Station, aA 4.36 megawatt hydropower station under development by the Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Arua And Paidha With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Paidha With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Zombo And Paidha With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Google (19 July 2015). "Location of Paidha At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "THE INFORMAL CROSS BORDER TRADE SURVEY REPORT 2013", Bank of Uganda and Uganda Bureau of Statistics, November 2014, accessed 19 July 2015
- UBOS, . (2011). "Estimated Population of Paidha In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Paidha And Goli, Uganda With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 February 2015.