|Created by||Neena Gupta Productions|
|Written by||Mir Muneer|
|Directed by||Neena Gupta|
|Opening theme||"Pal Chinn" by Jagjit Singh|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||98|
|Producer(s)||Anupam K. Kalidhar|
|Running time||approximately 30 minutes|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
Pal Chhin is about the conflicts between good and evil. The mounting pressures of modern life coupled with never-ending desire make traditional values look farcical. The mantras for success today are aggression and manipulation. The serial is about the conflict of the old and new as well.
The protagonist, Manohar Singh, believes in traditional themes such as honesty, affection and sincerity. He believes that if you are honest to yourself and good to others, there is no way you can't succeed. But he has to face pitfalls every day for being so out of sync with the present system. He has his detractors in his house, like his eldest son Ranjit who believes in the 'instant culture'. For him, the end is more important than the means, and definitely more important than his father's idealism.
Manohar Singh wants to make a statement that all is not lost and there is some hope left, that we can lead our lives with dignity and belief in our values, still be successful in the accepted sense. These are the moments in our lives, which lead our destinies.
- Manohar Singh as Manohar Singh
- Gurpreet Singh as Ranjit Singh
- Arun Govil as Pratap Singh
- Prabha Sinha as Sandhya Singh
- Shilpa Tulaskar as Charulata
- Savita Prabhune as Damyanti Singh
- Anant Jog as Rajendra
- Cezanne Khan as Rajesh
- Jaya Bhattacharya as Anjali
- Sanjay Swaraj as Shekhar
- "Actress Neena Guptas trademark sauciness remains intact but the hard edges have softened". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- "The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum - Television". www.tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "Tribuneindia... Film and tv". www.tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 2016-07-11.