Palacio de los Deportes de Oviedo
|Full name||Palacio de los Deportes de Oviedo|
|Owner||Oviedo City Hall|
The Palacio de los Deportes de Oviedo is a multi-purpose sports arena in Oviedo, Asturias, Spain. It has 3,713 seats and a maximum capacity of 6,000 and it is owned by the Oviedo City Hall.
The construction started in 1961 and was inaugurated in 1975. Its dome was the first one made entirely of ceramics without building any pillar. As it is green, and has the form of a turtle shell, it is commonly nicknamed as this animal. The indoor track has four lanes around the center and eight in the middle.
It was the main arena of the local rink hockey club CP Cibeles and the nowadays dissolved basketball teams CB Oviedo and CB Vetusta.
Events held at Palacio de Deportes
Since its inauguration, the Palacio de Deportes held several important championships.
- 1976 Roller Hockey World Cup
- 1981 CERH Cup Winners' Cup Finals: First leg match, CP Cibeles v Sporting CP
- 1983 1982–83 Liga Española de Baloncesto Finals: Final match, Barcelona v Real Madrid
- 1986 FIBA World Championship: Semifinal round, Group B
- 1987 CERH European Roller Hockey Championship
- 2008 Rink Hockey European Championship
- 2012 Davis Cup World Group: First round, Spain v Kazakhstan
- 2013 Copa del Rey de Hockey Patines
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palacio de los Deportes de Oviedo.|
|This article about a Spanish sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|