Pamplin Media Group
|Founder||Robert B. Pamplin, Jr.|
|Portland metropolitan area|
The Portland Tribune newspaper, founded by Pamplin in 2001, is the largest newspaper in the group, and KPAM is the largest radio station. PMG also includes a group of newspapers formerly known as Community Newspapers, Incorporated, serving the Portland area. Most of them are published once a week. The company launched the Hillsboro Tribune in September 2012. As of 2009, it owned newspapers in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, and Columbia counties. On January 8, 2013, it bought five newspapers from Eagle Newspapers, Inc. in the Portland area (Canby Herald, Wilsonville Spokesman, Molalla Pioneer, The Newberg Graphic, and the Woodburn Independent), along with The Madras Pioneer in Central Oregon. In June 2013, it also purchased the Central Oregonian from Eagle.
In 2014, Pamplin partnered with the EO Media Group, which publishes the East Oregonian and several other weekly and monthly publications in Oregon, to form the Oregon Capital Bureau and publish the Oregon Capital Insider newsletter. The partnership came as the number of reporters assigned to state capital bureaus nationwide was on the decline. In 2018, the newly-launched Salem Reporter joined the bureau, and its publisher, Les Zaitz, was assigned to lead its three reporters.
- Redden, Jim (September 5, 2012). "Survey: City hits home run". Hillsboro Tribune. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- Rafter, Michelle V. (January 31, 2009). "Good News for Small Papers". Oregon Business. Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- "Pamplin Media Group acquires 6 weekly papers from Eagle Newspapers". The Oregonian. January 8, 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- Giegerich, Andy (January 8, 2013). "Pamplin Media buys more papers". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- Giegerich, Andy (June 27, 2013). "Pamplin group buys Prineville's Central Oregonian paper". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- Hare, Kristen (September 24, 2018). "In Oregon, three news organizations are teaming up to cover state government". Poynter. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Ingram, Mathew (September 26, 2018). "Zuckerberg's death grip on Instagram". Columbia Journalism Review. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "Salem Reporter joins 2 news groups to expand state reporting". Salem Reporter. September 24, 2018. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "Media teams join forces to cover state government, politics". Portland Tribune. September 24, 2018. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "Expanded state government reporting comes to Oregon". Blue Mountain Eagle. September 24, 2018. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "EO Media Group, Pamplin launch Salem bureau for statehouse reporting". Capital Press. August 1, 2014. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "Newsletter covering Oregon government debuts". Blue Mountain Eagle. February 23, 2015. Retrieved October 30, 2018.