|Released||August 22, 2012|
|Singles from Pandora|
On August 6, 2012, the title track of the album was revealed. The song was apparently leaked at KBS' radio show, 2FM Super Junior's "Kiss the Radio" on August 17. Following the leak, the group's representatives and the staff working for the show apologized on Twitter and posted a message on the radio community board.
On August 7, 2012, the title was revealed by Kara's agency and explained its origin from Greek mythology. The concept of the album was to show the group's matured charms through a modern interpretation of Pandora's Box. Steward Ho for M.net noted that the group were about to "ditch their younger image and look more like empowered women".
The EP contains four songs plus an instrumental version of the title track. The group worked with Han Jae-ho and Kim Seung-soo along with Sweetune, who produced most of the group's past material. The title track, "Pandora", is a synthpop dance track.
The group held a showcase to promote the release of the Pandora EP at the Seoul Walkerhill Hotel on August 22. The event was streamed live at M.net Global's website. The group's agency also stated that the members are devoting themselves towards the promotion of the album in South Korea.
Enewsworld editor Erika Kim stated that the group had improved in their vocals. She complimented the member's role within the song and noted some influences from Japanese pop music such as the opening theme songs of magical-girl anime series like Sailor Moon.
Throughout the day of release, the members of the group also become the most searched terms on several popular Korean search engines which includes Naver and Daum.
Following the music video's release, some concerns were raised regarding the group's suggestive choreography, a dance move where the members remove their jackets to reveal their backs. A representative for KBS's Music Bank stated that the group may need to make changes. However no changes were made when the group made their first televised performance on August 24 at the music program to start their weekly album promotion cycle.
In South Korea, the EP peaked at number 1 in Gaon Album Chart, and the title track peaked at number 2 in Gaon Digital Chart. The other three songs from the EP, "Way", "Miss U", and "Idiot" also placed on the Gaon Digital Chart.
In Japan, the EP debuted at number 104 in Oricon Albums Chart through importation from South Korea. After the Japanese edition was released, the EP peaked number 15 on the Oricon Weekly Albums Chart.
|1.||"Way"||Song Soo-yun||Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho||Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho, Hong Seung-hyun||3:05|
|2.||"Pandora"||Song Soo-yun||Yue, Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho||Yue, Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho, Hong Seung-hyun||3:11|
|3.||"Idiot"||Hwang-hyun, Song Soo-yun||Hwang-hyun||Hwang-hyun, Hong Seung-hyun||3:24|
|4.||"그리운 날엔" (Miss U)||Song Soo-yun||Kim Seung-soo, An Joon-seong, Han Jae-ho||Kim Seung-soo, An Joon-seong, Han Jae-ho, Hong Seung-hyun||3:11|
|5.||"Pandora" (Instrumental)||Yue, Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho||Yue, Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho, Hong Seung-hyun||3:11|
|DVD (Taiwan CD+DVD edition)|
|1.||"Pandora" (Kang Ji-young music video teaser)|
|2.||"Pandora" (Goo Ha-ra music video teaser)|
|3.||"Pandora" (Park Gyu-ri music video teaser)|
|4.||"Pandora" (Nicole Jung music video teaser)|
|5.||"Pandora" (Han Seung-yeon music video teaser)|
|6.||"Pandora" (Group music video teaser)|
|7.||"Pandora" (Music video)|
|South Korea||August 22, 2012||CD, Digital download||DSP Media|
|Taiwan||September 28, 2012||CD+DVD||Warner Music Taiwan|
|Japan||October 31, 2012||CD||Universal Sigma|
- "KARA releases a new teaser image via their official homepage". 6 August 2012. MoneyToday StarNews via Nate. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "KARA's Unpublished Song "Pandora" Leaked on Radio". 17 August 2012. Nate. Retrieved August 18, 2012.
- "Kara Returns With a Mature Image in 'Pandora' Album Jacket". 10 August 2012. Steward Ho. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "KARA opens their 'Pandora' box at comeback showcase". 23 August 2012. Korea Star Daily. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "KARA reveals 'Pandora' to be 5th comeback album for comeback". 10 August 2012. Korea Star Daily. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Kara Members Confess What They're Proud Of". 23 August 2012. Kim, JiYeon, CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "Kara Showcase Proves to be a Fan Service-Filled Event". 22 August 2012. Nancy Lee, CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "Kara Showcase Kicks Off with Powerful 'Pandora' Performance". 22 August 2012. Nancy Lee, CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "KARA may need to adjust "Pandora" dance for KBS's 'Music Bank'". 23 August 2012. Xsports News. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "KARA's promotional 'Pandora' truck spotted around Seoul". 27 August 2012. Mydaily via Naver. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- "[Song Review – Star of the Week] Kara Levels Up with 'Pandora'". 9 September 2012. CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "KARA tops music charts with "Pandora"". 22 August 2012. TV Report. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "2012년 35주차 Album Chart". Gaon. Gaon. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "2012년 35주차 Digital Chart". Gaon. Gaon. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "パンドラ – KARA". Oricon. Oricon. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Kara Mini Album Vol. 5 – Pandora". 17 August 2012. YesAsia. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "最新冠軍韓語迷你專輯 「女神潘朵拉 PANDORA」台灣獨占豪華影音限定盤(CD+DVD+KARA女神卡片組) 華納線上音樂雜誌" (in Chinese). Warner Music Taiwan. Archived from the original on September 8, 2012. Retrieved September 14, 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "iTunes – Music – Kara 5th Mini Album – Pandora – EP by Kara". iTunes. August 22, 2012. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- "韓国盤PANDORAリリース決定" (in Japanese). Universal Sigma. Retrieved October 7, 2012.