|• MLA||Ramachandra Chandravansi
Bharatiya Janata Party
|• Official||Magahi, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Pandu block is one of the administrative blocks of Palamu district, Jharkhand state, India. According to census (2001), the block has a population of 74,464. The block has 71 villages. It is named for Pandu.
It is reach of natural and Religious resources.
Major festivals includes Dussehra, Muharram, Dipawali, Holi, Id etc.
Major tourist Attractions :
- Vaishnav Math, Dhachabar
- Bakash Baba Place
- Devi Dham, Hisra
- Shiv Temple Hisra/Musikhap [on Hill]
- Tisibar Dham
- Khaira baba [religious place for both Hindu/Muslim on Spectacular mount Khaira, part of Kaimur Range]
|Name of Panchayat||No of Village||Population|
Now one more Block, Untari Road has been created from Pandu Block.
There is one Government Hospital, and many Registered Pvt Clinics.
One Branch of Vananchal Gramin bank is taking care of financial needs for the People of this reason.
There exists following facilities in Block Headquarter Pandu:
- BSNL Telephone exchange (Burnt by Maoists several years ago)
- Post Office
- Police Station
- Kalyan High School(Govt)
- Kasturba Gandhi Girls High School (Govt Residential)
- Priyadarshini Indira Gandhi Girls High School (Govt. Aided)
- Government Middle School
- Girls Middle School(Govt.)
- Gyan Jyoti Public School
- SS Public School
- Gyan Niketan Public School
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir(school)
- One PYKKA center is functiong under able leadership of Ktidashree Sanjay Pandey
Pandu is well connected throu Bus from Garhwa, Daltonganj and Rehla.
Nearest Railway station is Untari Road - 12 km, Garwa Road - 15 km, Garhwa - 22 km, DaltonGanj 30 km (Ariel distance)
Nearest Airport is - Ranchi - 180 km, Patna - 187 km, Varanasi- 150 km
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|