Location of Panevėžys County
|• Total||7,881 km2 (3,043 sq mi)|
|(12.1% of the area of Lithuania)|
|• Rank||5th of 10 (8.4% of the population of Lithuania)|
|• Density||29/km2 (76/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|ISO 3166 code||LT-PN|
|- Total||€2.5 billion|
|- Per capita||€11,000 ()|
very high · 4th
Panevėžys County (Lithuanian: Panevėžio apskritis) is one of ten counties in Lithuania. It is in the north-east of the country, and its capital is Panevėžys. On 1 July 2010, the county administration was abolished, and since that date, Panevėžys County remains as the territorial and statistical unit.
Historical documents from the 16th century mention Panevėžys as an administrative region.
Panevėžys County comprises the following municipalities:
- Biržai district municipality
- Kupiškis district municipality
- Panevėžys city municipality
- Panevėžys district municipality
- Pasvalys district municipality
- Rokiškis district municipality
Panevėžys county is the fourth largest county in Lithuania:
- 202 km² cities and towns;
- 145 km² factories and roads;
- 4822 km² farmland;
- 2109 km² forests;
- 200 km² lakes and streams;
- 406 km² other.
The region offers 9 hotels and 7 country inns for tourists and travellers. There are 8 tourist agencies and 3 tourist information centers catering to the public.
Panevėžys County generates more than 3.4 billion Litas of GNP. Average annual household income is 10.6 thousand Litas (approx 2.6 thousand US dollars). The county is responsible for approximately 7% of the national industrial output. There are 105 factories and concerns employing 17 thousand workers. In the year 2000, factory output topped 1.76 billion Litas.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Dėl apskričių viršininkų administracijų likvidavimo". Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Social and demographic characteristics of Panevėžys County
- Economy of Panevėžys County
- Environment of Panevėžys County