|Operating system||z/OS, z/VSE|
Computer Associates Panvalet® (also known as CA-Panvalet) is a revision control and source code management system for mainframe computers such as the IBM System z and IBM System/370 running the z/OS and z/VSE operating systems. Unlike open-source solutions such as CVS, SVN or Mercurial, Panvalet is a closed source, proprietary system for versioning and control of source code such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe on personal computers.
Panvalet uses a client-server model where users check-out files to change and check them back into the repository when finished. It can be used to manage program source code, JCL, Macros/commands for utilities such as Easytrieve and object module files.
It supports granular access controls including check-in and check-out by specific mainframe user IDs.
- "CA-Panvalet ..." Cite magazine requires
- http://www.ca.com/us/products/detail/ca-panvalet.aspx (Retrieved January 25, 2016)
EASYTRIEVE PLUS macros may reside in the PANVALET library as well as COBOL includes.
- http://www.ca.com/us/~/media/Files/eBooks/power-meets-innovation-in-the-application-economy-ebook.pdf (Retrieved January 25, 2016)
- "Pansophic Systems". The New York Times. December 27, 1990.
- Don Leavitt (27 March 1978). "Software winners' ranks swelling". Computerworld. 12 (13). IDG Enterprise. p. 2. ISSN 0010-4841.
The Librarian from Applied Data Research, Inc, Panvalet from Pansophic Systems, Inc. and the Westinghouse Disk Utility from Westinghouse Electric Corp. continue to top the "systems" list with more than 3,000 sites to each of their credits.
- "Six Software-selling brother span Mass". Bizjournals (Boston Business Journal). January 2009.
- "Pansophic Systems reports earnings for Qtr to April 30". NYTimes.com. 1983-06-07.
- "Pansophic Systems reports earnings for Qtr to Jan 31". NYTimes.com. 1988-02-23. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- "Pansophic Systems reports earnings for Qtr to Oct 31". NYTimes.com. 1987-11-21.
- "Pansophic Systems reports earnings for Qtr to April 30". NYTimes.com. 1989-06-14.