Parade of the Lost Souls
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Parade of the Lost Souls is an annual event in Vancouver organized by Dusty Flowerpot Cabaret, which took over in 2013 from the Public Dreams Society, and takes place in East Vancouver, at a secret location disclosed the night before. It occurs the Saturday closest to Halloween. Though an annual event, it did not occur in 2005 due to logistical concerns.
It was initiated by Public Dreams under the direction of founding artistic director Paula Jardine http://paulajardine.com/parade.htm
The Grandview-Woodland community participates in the decoration and clean-up of the event, sometimes blurring the line between performer, volunteer, and spectator. Participants often dress in costume, bring lanterns, and build shrines in Grandview Park.
- Miller, Monica (December 4, 2013). "City Council approves Dusty Flowerpot Cabaret to take over Public Dreams' studio space". Vancouver Observer. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- "Parade of Lost Souls 2013: Vancouver's annual Halloween Parade". VanCityBuzz. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- Dusty Flowerpot Cabaret's Parade of the Lost Souls page
- Parade of Lost Souls' Facebook Page
- Parade of the Lost Souls Flickr Photo Pool
|This article related to a Canadian festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vancouver-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|