|Comune di Partinico|
|Metropolitan city||Palermo (PA)|
|• Mayor||Maurizio Agnese (Special commissioner)|
|• Total||108.06 km2 (41.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||175 m (574 ft)|
|• Density||290/km2 (760/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||Partinicese(i) or Partinicota(i)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Leonard of Noblac|
|Saint day||November 6|
Partinico (Sicilian: Partinicu, Ancient Greek: Parthenikòn) is a town and comune in the Metropolitan City of Palermo, Sicily, southern Italy. It is 30 kilometres (19 mi) from Palermo and 71 kilometres (44 mi) from Trapani.
- Church of San Giuseppe, housing 17th-century paintings.
- Neo-Classicist Chiosco della Musica.
- Baroque fountain.
- Real Cantina Borbonica.
Notable people and places
The father of American musician Frank Zappa was born in Partinico. The street Via Zammatà where the Zappa family once lived, was later renamed to Via Frank Zappa. In 2015 Zappa's son Dweezil released an album titled Via Zammata'.
- Marin, Marc; Zappa, Dweezil (10 March 2016). "Dweezil Zappa interview, WTF with Marc Maron, Episode 688". WTF. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Zappa, Dweezil. "Via Zammata'". Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Comune di Partinico (in Italian)
|This Sicilian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|