|Comune di Partinico|
|Metropolitan city||Palermo (PA)|
|• Mayor||Maurizio Agnese (Special commissioner)|
|• Total||108.06 km2 (41.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||175 m (574 ft)|
|• Density||290/km2 (760/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||Partinicese(i) or Partinicota(i)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Leonard of Noblac|
|Saint day||November 6|
Partinico (Sicilian: Partinicu, Ancient Greek: Parthenikòn, Παρθενικόν) is a town and comune in the Metropolitan City of Palermo, Sicily, southern Italy. It is 30 kilometres (19 mi) from Palermo and 71 kilometres (44 mi) from Trapani.
- Church of San Giuseppe, housing 17th-century paintings.
- Neo-Classicist Chiosco della Musica.
- Baroque fountain.
- Real Cantina Borbonica.
Notable people and places
The father of American musician Frank Zappa was born in Partinico. The street Via Zammatà where the Zappa family once lived, was later renamed to Via Frank Zappa. In 2015 Zappa's son Dweezil released an album titled Via Zammata'.
Danilo Dolci was an Italian social activist, sociologist, popular educator and poet, and for some time resident at Partinico.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Marin, Marc; Zappa, Dweezil (10 March 2016). "Dweezil Zappa interview, WTF with Marc Maron, Episode 688". WTF. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Zappa, Dweezil. "Via Zammata'". Retrieved 21 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Partinico.|
- Comune di Partinico (in Italian)