Penn Yan Airport
|Penn Yan / Yates County Airport
Penn Yan - Yates County Airport
|Serves||Penn Yan, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||990 ft / 302 m|
Penn Yan Airport (ICAO: KPEO, FAA LID: PEO) is a county-owned public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.8 km) south of the central business district of the Penn Yan, a village in Yates County, New York, United States. It is also known as Penn Yan - Yates County Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Penn Yan Airport covers an area of 315 acres (127 ha) at an elevation of 990 feet (302 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 1/19 is 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m) and 10/28 is 3,561 by 50 feet (1,085 x 15 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 23, 2006, the airport had 21,200 aircraft operations, an average of 58 per day: 76% general aviation and 24% air taxi. At that time there were 37 aircraft based at this airport: 81% single-engine, 5% multi-engine and 14% jet.
The airport is managed and operated by Seneca Flight Operations, which is part of the Seneca Foods Corporation. According to Bob Multer, Former Chairman of the Yates County Legislature, "This unique public/private partnership has enabled our small county to own and operate an airport a virtually no cost to the local taxpayer". According to the National Air Transportation Association, the Penn Yan / Yates County Airport is one of "America's 100 most needed airports".
- FAA Airport Master Record for PEO ( PDF), effective 2009-05-07.
- "Penn Yan - Yates County Airport" (PDF). brochure from Yates County website
- Great Circle Mapper: KPEO - Penn Yan, New York
- Seneca Flight Operations, the Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- Penn Yan Airport, Official website of the airport
- From Fltplan.com, Airport Specifications and information
- Aerial photo as of 5 April 1995 from USGS The National Map via MSR Maps
- "Penn Yan Airport (PEO)" (PDF). at NYSDOT airport directory
- FAA Terminal Procedures for PEO, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: