Perry Township, Montgomery County, Ohio
|Perry Township, Montgomery County, Ohio|
The George Bixler Farm, a historic site in the township
Location in Montgomery County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.5 sq mi (94.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||991 ft (302 m)|
|• Density||160/sq mi (63/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086678|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Clay Township - north
- Jefferson Township - southeast corner
- Jackson Township - south
- Lanier Township, Preble County - southwest corner
- Twin Township, Preble County - west
- Harrison Township, Preble County - northwest corner
Several populated places are located in Perry Township:
- Part of the city of Brookville, in the north
- Part of the village of New Lebanon, in the south
- The unincorporated community of Pyrmont, in the northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Perry township, Montgomery County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.