Personality (Lloyd Price song)
|Single by Lloyd Price|
|B-side||"Have You Ever Had the Blues"|
|Writer(s)||Harold Logan, Lloyd Price|
|Lloyd Price singles chronology|
"Personality" is a 1959 R&B/pop hit with music and lyrics by Harold Logan and Lloyd Price. It was released as a single by Price. The single reached #2 for three weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and became one of Lloyd Price's most popular crossover hits. The song was also a #1 U.S. R&B hit, maintaining the top spot for four weeks. Billboard ranked it as the No. 3 song for 1959. The song reached #9 in the U.K..
As "Personalità", performed by Caterina Valente, it was a major Italian hit in 1960.
Jerry Lee Lewis released a country and western version on his 1979 album, Jerry Lee Lewis. The song was covered by Annie Ross and the Renzettes in Basket Case 3: The Progeny. The Kidsongs covered this song on their "Let's Put on a Show" video and DVD.
- Gilliland, John (1969). "Show 17 - The Soul Reformation: More on the evolution of rhythm and blues. [Part 3]" (audio). Pop Chronicles. University of North Texas Libraries.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 470.
- Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1959
- "Personality" by Lloyd Price Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Lee Lewis Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "The Help (Music From the Motion Picture)". Amazon.com. July 26, 2011. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
"Kansas City" by Wilbert Harrison
|Billboard Hot R&B Sides number-one single
June 29, 1959 - July 20, 1959
"There Goes My Baby" by The Drifters
|This 1950s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1950s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|