Warren V. "Pete" Musser (born 1928) is an American businessman. The past Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Safeguard Scientifics, Inc., which he founded in 1953, he is now Chairman Emeritus and Chairman of the Musser Group.
Early life and education
Musser invested in many Fortune 500 companies, including QVC, Comcast, Novell, as well as funds such as Safeguard Scientifics, ICG, ICP, SCP Partners PA Early Stage, Safeguard International among others. He was the Director of TyCom.
The Musser Award for Excellence in Leadership from Fox School of Business and Management at Temple University is named for Musser, as is the Musser Scout Reservation, in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
- "The Pete Principle". Philadelphia Magazine. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "2001: Pete Musser's last stand". Philadelphia Business Journal. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- Charlie Gasparino. "Life After Lehman Brothers: Dick Fuld’s Murky Investment Secrets". Fox Business. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "The Man With The Plan Safeguard Chairman Musser Also Is The Money Connection". philly-archives. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Lehigh U. Receives $10 Million Alumnus Warren Musser Donates The Largest Sum Ever From An Individual.". tribunedigital-mcall. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- Charles Dubow (3 October 2000). "Silicon Valley Forge". Forbes. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Pete Musser built his company over 40 years. Then he was Seduced by the Internet. And his billion-dollar fortune melted away. - March 5, 2001". fortune.com. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Pondering Safeguard without Pete Musser". philly-archives. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "His troubles aside, Musser is still sailing He is being sued and has defaulted on a $26 million loan. Contacts he made in good times are sustaining him now.". philly-archives. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Socialite's clothes go for $203,774 at auction". philly-archives. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Tyco Made Unreported Loan of $14.1 Million". latimes. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- Laurie P. Cohen and Mark Maremont Staff Reporters of The Wall Street Journal (24 September 2002). "Tyco's Dealings With Musser Are Examined by Prosecutors". WSJ. Retrieved 4 October 2015. line feed character in
|title=at position 28 (help)
- "Musser to step down as trustee of Brandywine". Philadelphia Business Journal. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Betty K. Musser, 91, philanthropist". philly-archives. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "$3M opening auction bid sought for Musser mansion". Philadelphia Business Journal. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "How to get cut-rate couture, and aid a slim socialite". philly-archives. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- Hillary Grinker Musser buys Palm Beach home for $6 million http://www.corcoran.com/guides/index.aspx?page=Article&pub_id=3057
- Inqlings | $12.5 million will take Mussers' Main Line spread http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WSy3njXE2qAJ:www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/12352762.htm+%22Hilary+Grinker+Musser%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=14[dead link]
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|