Peter C. Phan
Phan obtained three doctorates, the Doctor of Sacred Theology from the Salesian University in Rome, and the Doctor of Philosophy and the Doctor of Divinity from the University of London. He was also awarded the honorary Doctor of Theology from Catholic Theological Union.
His many writings have been translated into Italian, German, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese. He is general editor of a multi-volume series entitled Theology in Global Perspective for Orbis Books and a multi-volume series entitled Ethnic American Pastoral Spirituality for Paulist Press. His writings have received many awards from learned societies.
In 2007, it was announced that Phan was being investigated by the USCCB's Committee on Doctrine and by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith for having attempted to introduce Asian negative theology into Catholic teaching.
- Culture and Eschatology: The Iconographical Vision of Paul Evdokimov
- Social Thought; Grace and the Human Condition
- Eternity in Time: A Study of Rahner’s Eschatology; Death and Eternal Life)
- Mission and Catechesis: Alexandre de Rhodes and Inculturation in Seventeenth-Century Vietnam
- Christianity with an Asian Face; In Our Own Tongues; Being Religious Interreligiously)
- Christianity and the Wider Ecumenism
- Church and Theology; Journeys at the Margins
- The Asian Synod
- The Gift of the Church
- Directory on Popular Piety and Liturgy.
- Allen, John L. (14 September 2007). "Why is Fr. Peter Phan under investigation? | National Catholic Reporter". National Catholic Reporter. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Peter C. Phan". Georgetown University. Retrieved 11 July 2016.