Peter Fox (rugby league, born 1984)
5 November 1984 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||14 st 7 lb (92 kg)|
As of 17 May 2016
Peter Fox (born 5 November 1984) is an English professional rugby league footballer playing for Doncaster in the Championship as a Wing. He has previously played at club level for York City Knights, Wakefield Trinity (twice), and Hull Kingston Rovers, and at representative level for England.
Born in York, Fox started his career with junior club York Acorn. He was part of the academy at Leeds Rhinos, but failed to establish himself in the senior team, and spent two seasons on loan at hometown club York City Knights. He scored 40 tries for the club, and was named in the NL1 Dream Team 2006.
At the end of the 2006 season, he was signed by Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.
Fox made his début for Wakefield Trinity in the opening game of the 2007 campaign with a 14-9 loss to Hull Kingston Rovers. It took him till round 5 to open his account with a try in Wakefield's 40-20 win over Catalans Dragons.
Fox signed for Hull Kingston Rovers in September 2007.
Fox made his Rovers début in a 20-12 away loss to Leeds although he opened his Hull Kingston Rovers account with a brace of tries in a thrilling 20-24 victory in France against Catalans Dragons. In round 7 of the 2009 campaign he scored his first hat trick of his career in a 48-12 victory over Salford.
27 June- Fox made his England début in the 56-8 victory over France. He scored a try and had one disallowed.
On 7 November, Fox scored 2 tries to help England earn a shock 20-12 victory over World Champions New Zealand at Huddersfield's Galpharm Stadium, and a place in the 2009 Four Nations Final against Australia.
Fox made another promising start for Rovers at the start of the 2010 season, in a home fixture against Salford in which Rovers won 30-12, Fox in the process scoring two early tries. Peter made his 100th career appearance in Hull Kingston Rovers's 32-6 loss at Wigan on 12 February 2010.
Return to Wakefield Trinity
Fox returned to Wakefield in 2012. He was released by the club in May 2014.
In November 2015 it was announced the Fox was signing for Newcastle Thunder for the 2016 season.
Peter Fox has won caps for England while at Hull Kingston Rovers in 2008 against France and Wales, and in 2009 against France, Wales, New Zealand and Australia.
- "Hull KR The Official Site of the Robins". web page. Hull Kingston Rovers RLFC. Archived from the original on 14 August 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "Appearances/Scorers - Season 2005". York City Knights. Archived from the original on 28 September 2006. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Appearances/Scorers - Season 2006". York City Knights. Archived from the original on 28 September 2006. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Myler gets England call". England Rugby League. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 3 October 2008.
- "Gleeson to lead new-look England". BBC News. 9 October 2008. Retrieved 10 October 2008.
- Bower, Aaron (23 May 2014). "Peter Fox released by Wakefield Trinity Wildcats". Total Rugby League. League Publications. Retrieved 19 May 2015.