Phir Le Aya Dil
|"Phir Le Aya Dil"|
Cover of the song, featuring actor Ranbir Kapoor
|Song by Rekha Bhardwaj, Arijit Singh (Reprise) and Shafqat Amanat Ali (Redux)|
|from the album Barfi!|
|Released||20 August 2012 (Full Song)|
24 August 2012 (Music Video)
|Format||CD single, Legal digital download|
|Length||4:45 (Original), 5:05 (Reprise), 5:04 (Redux)|
|Label||Sony Music India|
|Barfi! track listing|
"Phir Le Aya Dil" (English: Again, the heart has brought) is a Ghazal from the 2012 Bollywood film, Barfi!. Composed by Pritam Chakraborty, the song is sung by Rekha Bhardwaj with lyrics penned by Sayeed Quadri. Besides Bhardwaj, the soundtrack of the film contains a reprise version by Arijit Singh. The music video of the track features actors Ranbir Kapoor, Ileana D'Cruz and Priyanka Chopra.
The song is composed by Pritam and has three versions of the song. The original version is sung by Rekha Bhardwaj, where as the reprise and redux version is rendered by Arijit Singh and Shafqat Amanat Ali respectively. The lead star of the film, Ranbir Kapoor selected the song (version sung by Bhardwaj) as one of his favourite songs from the album. He further stated Singh did an amazing job in his rendition of the song.
The lyrics of the song is penned by Sayeed Quadri. The lyrics include some Urdu wordings including "mayasaar, badastoor, musalsal". The original version by Bhardwaj, uses the interplay of piano and guitar, laced with Indian sounds in the composition. The reprise version by Singh has different moods in the composition, at times an Indian feel with the tabla and in some intervals, a Jazz feel with the piano. The redux version by Amanat Ali brings 'vivid shades of Sufism' to the track.
The song was released on 20 August 2012, along with other tracks in the album. The music video of the song was officially released on 24 August 2014, through the YouTube channel of Sony Music India.
Reviewers from Hindustan Times found the 'distinctive voice' by Bhardwaj appealing to listeners, and stated composer of the song, Pritam deserves all the 'kudos' for composing this song. Koimoi's Shivi reviewed the song "Bhardwaj has sung this one really beautifully while lyrics are very meaningful and poetic too".
Reviewers from Hindustan Times felt the version is as pleasant as the original but has a 'more ghazal feel' to it. Koimoi's Shivi found the reprise version better than original. "This track can definitely be treated as one of the best tracks of the year till now".
|2013||8th Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Award||Sayeed Quadri||Best Lyricist||Nominated|||
|14th International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Lyricist|||
|Rekha Bhardwaj||Best Female Playback|
|5th Mirchi Music Awards||Pritam Chakraborty||Music Composer of the Year|||
|Arjit Singh||Upcoming Male Vocalist of the Year|
|2012||RMIM Puraskaar||Arijit Singh||Best Sung Solo Song||Won|||
|Song of the Year|
- "Phir Le Aya Dil song credits". MySwar. 20 August 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Phir Le Aaya Dil – Barfi! Official HD New Full Song Video featuring Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka, Ileana D'Cruz". Koimoi. 25 August 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Music Review: Barfi! music is simple, flawless". Hindustan Times. 28 August 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Barfi! Music Review". Shivi. Koimoi. 4 September 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Barfi! (2012) – Critic Review By Joginder Tuteja – Bollywood Hungama". Joginder Tuteja. Bollywood Hungama. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "8th Apsara Awards Nominations". Apsara Awards. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Barfi! leads IIFA nominations with 13 nods". NDTV. 22 April 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Mirchi Music Awards Hindi 2012 nominations". The Times of India. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "See all winners of RMIM Puraskaar 2012". Retrieved 15 June 2018.