A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2018)
|Birth name||J.L. Rey|
|Born||3 December 1979|
J.L. Rey (born 1979), better known by his stage name Phlegeton, is a Spanish musician, audio producer, and visual artist based in Madrid.
Over the years, Phlegeton created various bands and musical projects. He is best known for his work as vocalist in the band Wormed, and for his artistic work on album covers, especially death metal albums.
Phlegeton has fronted a number of bands as a vocalist and drummer, including Wormed, Human Mincer, Wrong, Banished from Inferno, and Unsane Crisis. He has also been a member of Godüs, The YTriple Corporation, Garth Arum (live), Nüll, and Infernal. Overall, he has released 10 studio albums.
He is known for his lyrics style in the band Wormed. He does not use the common gore aesthetics but rather tell stories of science fiction, quantum physics and space exploration.
In 2005, Phlegeton launched his own design studio, Phlegeton Art Studio. He creates record covers for international death metal bands, centered around horror and science fiction genres.
Discography (as musician)
Wormed (vocals) 
Lifelost (all instruments and vocals) 
Utsik (all instruments and vocals) 
Human Mincer (vocals) 
Unsane Crisis (drums, vocals) 
Wrong (vocals, drums) 
Godüs (vocals, drums) 
Infernal (drums) 
Nüll (drums) 
The YTriple Corporation (drums) 
Guest appearances (as vocalist)
- Imperial Triumphant – Alphaville Vocals (2020) (track 8. Experiment (Voivod))
- Aborted – The Necrotic Manifesto Vocals (2014) (track 11) 
- Hybrid – The 8th Plague (2008) Vocals (additional)
- Awaiting the Autopsy – Couldn't Tell the Bodies Apart (2009) (track 3)
List of album covers created
- "Wormed – Krighsu, Sci-Fi Tech Death Metal". www.wormed.net. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Interview with Banished from Inferno". Xtreem Music. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Phlegeton's vocals". Technical Death Metal. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Does Phlegeton dream of electric sheep?". Symmetal. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Interview with Phlegeton". Xtreem Music. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- "Imperial Triumphant – Alphaville". Imperial Triumphant Official Site. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- "Aborted – The Necrotic Manifesto". Discogs. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Guest vocal appearance by Phlegeton ("Wormed" & "Human Mincer")". Bandcamp. Retrieved 2009-04-29.