Pine Island, Texas
Pine Island, Texas
Location of Pine Island, Texas
|• Total||9.36 sq mi (24.24 km2)|
|• Land||9.34 sq mi (24.20 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||197 ft (60 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||124.04/sq mi (47.89/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1388558|
Pine Island is a town in Waller County, Texas, United States near the intersection of Farm to Market Road 359 and Farm to Market Road 3346. The population was 988 at the 2010 census. It is not affiliated with the uninhabited island of the same name in Lake Livingston.
Pine Island is located at  According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 9.3 square miles (24.2 km2), of which, 9.3 square miles (24.2 km2) of it is land and 0.11% is water.(30.063433, -96.022968).
The western boundary of the town is formed by Clear Creek which flows from north to south. U.S. Route 290 Business on either side of FM 359 is part of the northern town limit. Cochran Road from north of Brumlow Road south to Betka Road is the eastern boundary. The southern boundary is formed by Betka Road and an irregular line running west to Clear Creek.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 849 people, 295 households, and 225 families residing in the town. The population density was 91.0 people per square mile (35.1/km2). There were 333 housing units at an average density of 35.7 per square mile (13.8/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 73.14% White, 12.13% African American, 0.82% Native American, 0.59% Asian, 10.48% from other races, and 2.83% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 22.03% of the population.
There were 295 households, out of which 36.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.0% were married couples living together, 11.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.4% were non-families. 15.6% of all households were made up of individuals, and 6.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.88 and the average family size was 3.21.
In the town, the population was spread out, with 28.5% under the age of 18, 9.2% from 18 to 24, 28.0% from 25 to 44, 23.2% from 45 to 64, and 11.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females, there were 108.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $45,000, and the median income for a family was $50,714. Males had a median income of $34,167 versus $31,250 for females. The per capita income for the town was $18,597. About 4.7% of families and 7.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.8% of those under age 18 and 4.8% of those age 65 or over.
The Town of Pine Island is served by the Waller Independent School District.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010. Retrieved 2017-01-02. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Google (February 17, 2013). "Pine Island, Texas" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)