||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Piotr Adamczyk (2012)
March 21, 1972 |
From his early childhood he knew he wanted to become an actor. He attended the Machulski youth theatre group in Warsaw. Thanks to an international scholarship, he was able to attend international theatre workshops in the UK and Germany. He continued his acting education by attending the Theatre Academy in Warsaw. During his second academic year, he won a scholarship from the Soros Foundation which allowed him to attend the British American Drama Academy for one year, where he performed Hamlet for his diploma.
Once he graduated from the Theatre Academy, he was hired by the Teatr Współczesny in Warsaw. His career in the film industry however grew much more intensively. His role of Stawrogin in Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s The Possessed started Piotr’s long list of roles. The breakthrough in his career was his part as Frédéric Chopin in the film "Chopin - Desire of Love" - and became a Polish star.
The climax of his popularity was reached when he played the title role of another Polish historical figure in a two part Italian movie - "Karol the Man who became Pope" and "Karol: The Pope -The Man". The movie was viewed by several dozen million viewers, and made him popular in Italy, Latin America and many other Catholic countries.
Piotr also managed to take advantage of his popularity abroad to play at the Sala Uno Theatre in Rome, in Italian. He also played in Liliana Cavani’s movie "Einstein" and in the Portuguese production "Second Life".
In 2014, Adamczyk, Bartosz Opania and Paweł Domagała starred in the comedy film Wkrecrni.
He has been in over 800 radio roles and around 100 theatre, television and film parts. He is also appreciated for his dubbing roles. In animated films he played, among others, the giraffe in "Madagascar", Zigzag McQueen in "Cars" and Syndrome in "The Incredibles".
He has received many prestigious awards in Poland. In 2011, he was voted the most popular Polish actor once again.
- Titanium White (2016)
- Ant-Man (2015) as Scott Lang/Ant-Man (polish dubbing)
- Wkreceni (2014) as Franczesko
- September Eleven 1683 (2012) as Emperor Leopold I
- Second Life (2009)
- Einstein (2008)
- Testosterone (2007)
- Karol: The Pope, The Man (2006) (TV) as Pope John Paul II
- Karol: A Man Who Became Pope (2005) (TV) as Karol Wojtyła
- Dziupla Cezara (2004) (TV Series) as Cezary 'Cezar' Kubik
- Pensjonat Pod Różą (2004) TV Series as Dr. Leon Jacek Kakietek
- Na dobre i na złe (1999) TV Series as Dr. Jerzy Kozerski
- Łowcy skór (2003) as Dr. Andrzej Kwiatkowski (about the "Skin Hunters" case)
- Ciało (2003) as Parson
- Wszyscy święci (2002) (TV) as Priest in Jedrzejów
- Kariera Nikosia Dyzmy (2002) as English Reader
- Chopin. Pragnienie miłości aka "Chopin: Desire for Love" (2002) as Fryderyk Chopin
- Wrota Europy (1999) as Tadeusz Sztyller
- Egzekutor (1999) as Doctor
- Our God's Brother (1997) as Hubert
- Sława i chwała (1997) (TV) as Józef 'Józio' Royski
- Cwal (1996) as Ksawery
- Spellbinder (1995) TV Series as Zander
- Piotr Adamczyk at the Internet Movie Database
- Short biography
- "'You're crazy', (Pope John Paul II) tells (Piotr Adamczyk)", BBC, November 17, 2004